• Real Estate Investor
  • Texas
Votes |
is an LLC the best way to hide income??

Matt Salazar
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Texas
Posted May 11 2010, 03:17

I have an Ex wife who will be taking me to court in the near future, I am trying to structure my business entities for that. Any good ideas?

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorReplied Dec 2 2010, 06:51

As stated court costs can get very expensive.It's better to mediate out of court in many cases.

The question is do you think going to court after expenses you will be off better than settling out of court??

A friend of mine invented Goof-Off cleaner.They went through a divorce about 15 years ago.

The soon to be ex-wife said the company was worth ex and of course he said the companies valuation was worth way less.

The parties couldn't agree so went to court and after a long battle finally settled.

User Stats

Votes
NA NA
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Dec 20 2014, 14:20

I guess Matt wasnt able to hide is money from her and got mahhhhhddd.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/man-indicted-for-grape-creek-shooting

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Albert Ng
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Sep 26 2015, 23:47

I'm reviving an old topic here, but wow ... it's one of BP member! A prenup, or not getting married might save your life, I guess.

User Stats

Votes
Greg Winkler
  • Janesville, WI
Votes |
  • Janesville, WI
Replied Dec 21 2016, 19:27

I am just joining this thread with a related question.  My wife does not support me getting involved in real estate investment (which I am on the verge of doing).  She and I both want me to start a business outside of our marital property because she is afraid that she'll be responsible for the debt that I acquire.  She doesn't understand how this works and is not interested in learning about it.  So, any thoughts about whether this is possible with her approval?

User Stats

Votes
Joey Arellano
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 2 2017, 11:42

im not trying to dodge what i owe in arrears child support all my kids are grown,i pay a set amount every month. im trying to start an online biz so if i start generating an income even though i pay my obligation every month can they take from that business cause i owe a substantial amount can they take monies out of the biz account without notice.

User Stats

Votes
Joey Arellano
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 2 2017, 11:44

is this not a place to find answers am i in the wrong site.