Votes
Huong T Nguyen
Pro Member
Votes |
Insurance company does not allow gas grilling in balcony/patios

Huong T Nguyen
Pro Member
Posted Feb 6 2022, 17:43

My buildings are 3-leveled, all the walls surrounding each unit, the floor and ceilings are all concrete so should fire happens, it would be contained in the unit where it starts. First and second level have brick exterior and third level has siding outside the concrete wall. It is nice and convenient for tenants to keep and use their grill in the balcony. Not many other apartments in this area have a balcony.

The insurance company asked me not to allow grilling in the balcony and gave me a few months to correct this. I have to admit I was not eager to do this. Everything else (such as fill a few depressed areas in the parking lot, seal cracks on 3 stepping concrete slabs) etc. could be done and will be done soon, but I am hesitant about asking tenants to remove their grills from the balconies. 

Please advise on what I should do? Should I ask tenants to provide proof of rental insurance? Thanks!

P/S: this insurance company is not going to renew my policy when it expires in March. I will need to find a different insurance company.

Loading replies...