Votes
Jason Dugan
  • New Braunfels, TX
Votes |
Introductions

Jason Dugan
  • New Braunfels, TX
Posted Nov 1 2014, 23:48

Hello all, I'm glad I found this site. I am planning on starting real estate investing in the new year and am trying to narrow down a niche.

I currently have a good job, good savings and good credit, so I feel like the timing is right for me to jump in.

I have thought about going into the basic single-family rental market as the home prices where I am (San Antonio, TX area) are reasonable, and the rental market is busy. If I went this route, I would want to move up to multi-family and eventually to apartments.

What really gets me going is this idea of buying the leftovers from tax sale auctions. The only information I can find on this is from sites that want to sell me a $1500 course. I would rather save my money.

Are there really properties that the county has foreclosed on and are willing to sell at a discount? Is it as simple as asking my county treasurer for a list?

Also, as a bonus question, how do you find out exactly where a property is if all you have is a legal description?

Thanks for the good info, and I'm sorry if these are basic questions or have already been addressed.

Jason

Loading replies...