• Investor
  • Louisville and Memphis, TN
Votes |
MySmartMove Discount

Michael Seeker
  • Investor
  • Louisville and Memphis, TN
Posted Apr 26 2014, 08:47

I thought BP offers a $5 discount for MySmartMove, but whenever I go to resources and click "Tenant Screening" and hit "Learn More" under the Landlord section, the pricing shows $25 for the basic and +$5 for the additional. This is the same pricing that is offered if you just stumble across their site. Am I missing something?

@Joshua Dorkin

User Stats

Votes
George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Aug 20 2014, 08:28

@Andrea Collatz 

we used the service a few times this year and we were charged $30 each time. the price of $25 was not available to us. Do you know why?

Account Closed
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Aug 20 2014, 09:47

@Andrea Collatz,

The state of Mississippi does not have an instant criminal search unless you are law enforcement it is a search by hand at the county level what you are providing is a probation and parole search which is not a true criminal search.

Joe Gore

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Andrea Collatz
  • Englewood, CO
Votes |
  • Englewood, CO
Replied Aug 20 2014, 16:43

Hi @Account Closed and @Steve Babiak 

The article is geared more towards employment screening vs. rental screening. The compliance regulations for rental screening enable us to provide criminal records instantly with no delay in the search results – although the availability of data online varies by county and state. Our criminal data for the state of Mississippi includes: a search of Mississippi Department of Corrections data, Sex Offender data, Mississippi Parole Board data, and Felony and Misdemeanor records from Hinds County and Harrison County. I hope this helps answer your question.

User Stats

Votes
Andrea Collatz
  • Englewood, CO
Votes |
  • Englewood, CO
Replied Aug 21 2014, 08:16

Hi @George P. 

My suggestion is to ensure that you are using your landlord account on biggerpockets.mysmartmove.com and then entering the coupon code that you can find here: http://www.biggerpockets.com/perks when you click the "Save $5" button. You can also email us at [email protected] with a quick summary and phone number and we will contact you directly to help. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Aug 21 2014, 08:26
Originally posted by @Andrea Collatz:

Hi @George P. 

My suggestion is to ensure that you are using your landlord account on biggerpockets.mysmartmove.com and then entering the coupon code that you can find here: http://www.biggerpockets.com/perks when you click the "Save $5" button. You can also email us at [email protected] with a quick summary and phone number and we will contact you directly to help. Thanks!

thanks a lot. your reply is appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Hornbeck
  • Engineer
  • Savoy, IL
Votes |
  • Engineer
  • Savoy, IL
Replied Nov 3 2014, 19:42

I'm not a pro member, but when I used the link it charged me $35. ($25+$10).

When I first logged into MySmartMove today, I had another property queued up that I loaded into the site over a year ago - it was showing $25 ($20+$5.)

Did this all just increase in price over the last year, or did I get something incorrect.
Long/short: Is $35 the price I should be paying for this service without a pro account?

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied Nov 3 2014, 20:35

@Anthony Hornbeck - A PRO account on BP doesn't give you a discount automatically on SmartMove.  A PRO account gives you access to a coupon code that gives a discount. The same applies for our coupon code for non-pros.

That said, I believe rates did recently go up with the addition of eviction search.

User Stats

Votes
J. Martin
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Nov 4 2014, 15:27

Btw,

@Andrea Collatz was helpful last time I had an issue, and her instructions above should work.

I've had success with Smartmove also. I like that it's all online and they do it on their own. I don't have to spend time on it. Just send the prospective tenant an email..

I did have a hit for an out of state crime on a tenant, but it was small marijuana possession in TX, so I accepted them anyway. But good to know (at least some that I know of) out of state crimes pop up on there.

Good luck!

Thanks @Joshua Dorkin for arranging the discount with SmartMove. I've enjoyed it so far, and gives my tenants (and sometimes myself) a little extra cash in our pockets..

User Stats

Votes
Marcus House
  • Woodbridge, VA
Votes |
  • Woodbridge, VA
Replied Sep 2 2019, 05:19

@Andrea Collatz exactly where is mysmartmove.com pulling eviction history from?  An Judgement with the local court that is not reported to the credit reporting agencies (unless you put the judgement into collection with a collection company) with never show up on a person's credit report.  Please advise.