BiggerPockets

BiggerPockets Makes the New York Times!

Forum Powered By:

38 posts by 33 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Joshua Dorkin Verified Donor

BiggerPockets Founder from Denver, Colorado

Dec 24 '09, 06:38 AM
10 votes

There are probably two publications that command respect above all others, and those are the New York Times and Wall Street Journal. One of my goals for BiggerPockets has always been to get mentions in both.

Well, we're halfway there!

Today, BiggerPockets was mentioned as one of the go-to resources for landlords by the New York Times in the article Resources for Accidental Landlords!

This is a great honor for me, and I'm glad that the big boys are beginning to recognize what a fantastic resource this has become.

Please do check out the article, and be sure to thank the author, Jennifer Schultz, for letting everyone know about BP, in the comments of the piece itself.

Christmas came a day early to BiggerPockets . . . :rock:

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:58

Medium_bp-squareJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets
E-Mail: josh[email protected]
Telephone: 877-831-4704
Get your logo in your signature too! Upgrade to PRO Today at http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro

Richard Warren

Real Estate Investor from Las Vegas, Nevada

Dec 24 '09, 07:01 AM

Outstanding! Years from now we’ll all be saying…”we knew Josh when…”

:cool:

Jon Holdman Moderator

SFR Investor from Wheat Ridge, Colorado

Dec 24 '09, 07:54 AM

Congrats, Josh. Mentioned right along with Active Rain! Very cool!

Jon Holdman, Flying Phoenix LLC

LeJon Ratchford

Real Estate Investor from Huber Heights, Ohio

Dec 24 '09, 08:35 AM

Not only was it mentioned it was the only forum mentioned. That says quite a bit. Congrats Joshua.
LeJonR

Mark Yuschak

Real Estate Investor from Grand Blanc, Michigan

Dec 24 '09, 10:19 AM
3 votes

Congrats! That's quite an honor.

I know I'd be lost without this great resource!

Peter Giardini Donor

Real Estate Investor from Baltimore, Maryland

Dec 24 '09, 10:32 AM
2 votes

Josh... Congratulations... you and Bigger Pockets are on a roll. What a great way to end 2009.

One can only imagine what 2010 has in store.

Tim W. Donor

Inspector from Tampa, FL

Dec 24 '09, 11:41 AM

Congratulations Josh and have a Merry Christmas!

Tiara Murray

Wholesaler from Detroit, Michigan

Dec 24 '09, 02:09 PM
1 vote

Congrats Josh..... We should all be thanking you for creating such a great source for information!! It save us beginners a lot of time and money!

Tiara

Jeff B.

Real Estate Investor from Lake Worth, Florida

Dec 24 '09, 08:19 PM

Congrats Josh. I could only imagine what an honor it must be to see the hard work you have put into this site pay off big.

This site and the members have provided me with an education that I would have had to pay big money for elsewhere.

Merry Christmas Josh.

Nick J.

Real Estate Investor from Scottsdale, Arizona

Dec 24 '09, 11:33 PM

How come I'm the only one who commented?

Whats up? We should represent in the comment section you guys!!!! Josh, where is your thank you comment?

C'mon guys, show some love, represent and make it obviously clear to the other readers that we're all very proud and honored to be a part of this great community.

It only takes a second to comment, do it now, slackers

Dec 25 '09, 12:10 AM

Nick - I sent a personal email to the author yesterday, and was actually going to wait to see if any of you guys left your comments. On things like these, I don't like to be the first BP'er to leave my thoughts. Thanks for encouraging everyone to jump on over there!

To everyone else, it means a lot to me to read your thoughts here. I really do put my everything into this place; without all of your support, I think I would have run out of steam a long time ago.

The article is as much a sign of all that the members who participate do here, as it is a testament to what the BP team does.

Thank you, and again, Merry Christmas!

. . . and do jump on the article with your comments!

E-Mail: [email protected]
Get your logo in your signature too! Upgrade to PRO Today at http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro

Eddie Ziv

Real Estate Investor from Studio City, California

Dec 25 '09, 12:15 AM

Congrats BP!!! Maybe you shouldn't be that impressed. You are already bigger than you think you are... :mrgreen:

Happy Holidays and even better 2010!!!

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Dec 25 '09, 02:03 AM

BP rocks :rock: :rock: :rock:

William S

Dec 25 '09, 03:07 AM

Congrats Josh!..That's what you get when you meet the universe half way...lol. Thanks to all of you on BP that give so unselfishly, making this place such a sick (VALUABLE) resource.

Will

Tim W. Donor

Inspector from Tampa, FL

Dec 25 '09, 05:55 AM

Not to be the relentless donation whore but stop and think about all the sets of eyes that will be looking at the New York Times....then will be coming on to Bigger Pockets....then will be wondering who's successful enough to be a top donor pro on the site.

The great thing Josh has done as a pure courtesy is extended pro accounts to top donors, making your donation a tax deductible marketing expense.

Think about this guys. The New York Times has a paid circulation of over 1 million people. That does not include news stand purchases. This means actual readership is up near 5 million. What kind of impression do you want to make to 5 million people?

If there ever was a place where the cost/benefit of dontating $250 was so heavily imbalanced in your favor it is here. Dig deep and make this the place a present or future White House administration or Congressional Committee turns to for input on real estate legislation. It can happen. (BTW Josh - sorry to up the ante on your goals with BP there... ;-) )

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:58 by Tim W.

Robert Pickett

Real Estate Investor from Dallas, Texas

Dec 25 '09, 06:45 AM

Congrats JOSH !!! BP University Rocks!! :rock: :rock:

Edward Pluchar

Real Estate Investor from New Lenox, Illinois

Dec 25 '09, 11:54 AM

Very impressive to see BP folks in the comments. I don't see anyone else's site represented.

Congratulations, Josh!

TK Jones

Real Estate Investor from Wake Forest, North Carolina

Dec 25 '09, 10:44 PM

Congrats Josh & BP nation. Many will read the article & jump right over to BP- to see what a great resourceful site this is & the wealth of knowledge that it has to offer. This makes me more motivated to jump into 2010 and get moving on these deals.

Dec 25 '09, 11:21 PM

@Nick - Thank you for continuing to let people know that they can, in fact, donate to BP, and that it can be good for business.

TK, Edward, Robert, William - I don't really know much about you guys yet, but thank you so much for the support. I'm sure you can already tell that by participating and staying involved here, you'll grow your knowledge, build your network, improve your business, and make some good friends while you're at it.

James & Jon - As always, you guys are very much deserving of congrats as well, for helping keep this place running smoothly! You Rock!

Eddie - Thanks for the encouragement.

-----

BTW - Big thanks to those of you who have jumped on the Times post and left your comments . . . keep those coming!

E-Mail: [email protected]

Kyle King

Real Estate Investor from Dallas, Texas

Dec 25 '09, 11:40 PM

Congratulations to everyone involved with BiggerPockets.

This site grows stronger each day with the power of the content that comes from its great members.

Let's make 2010 an even better year.

Congrats Josh!

Kyle King

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums