General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Robin Bogin
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Rockville, MD
Votes |
What areas of Atlanta metro area are good for flips heading into 2024?

Robin Bogin
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Rockville, MD
Posted Jan 29 2024, 12:38

Looking to get a feel for what the hot areas are around Atlanta for flip activity. Where are there deals to be had and where can we find the most profit? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Josh Bowser
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, Ga
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, Ga
Replied Jan 29 2024, 17:36

Hey Robin - Flipping market is pretty tight for entry level 3/2s in Atlanta. 

You'll probably have the most deal flow on the seller side in Dekalb county as well as south eastern quadrant inside the perimeter. However, these sellers are inundated with DTS marketing.

Northern suburbs have really high demand for newly renovated SFH in the $300-$350k price point.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions - contact info is in Bio. Happy to help however I can!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Dumler
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 30 2024, 07:37

@Robin Bogin, I noticed you're a wholesaler. With this in mind, would you be sourcing properties off-market directly from the seller? As Josh noted, competition amongst flippers is tough right now. 

Markets to consider. East ATL: Decatur (south of Memorial Drive) & Stone Mountain. South ATL: East Point, Hapeville, & College Park. These markets vary block by block, so you need to be mindful and perform your due diligence. West ATL: Mableton & Austell. North East ATL: Marietta, Kennesaw, & Acworth (maybe Cartersville). 

I wouldn't focus on ATL in-town neighborhoods. Many of the local experts/professionals have those markets locked down. 

My response is all over the place, but hopefully, it will help you get started. I am happy to chat if you're available! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes