Votes
Veronica Brawley
Pro Member
Votes |
Operations Manager Union Company

Veronica Brawley
Pro Member
Posted Feb 13 2024, 17:21

We just started talking to Josh Gilmore from SDIRA Wealth to invest in Real Estate.  It seems like it is so much easier to work with a company than to try and do it ourselves.  We live in New York and there are really no good opportunities for rental properties.  We would appreciate any advice.

User Stats

Votes
Brett Synicky
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k and SDIRA Consultant
  • Orange, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k and SDIRA Consultant
  • Orange, CA
Replied Feb 13 2024, 18:53

@Veronica Brawley So you have an SDIRA, right?  What are your investment goals?  

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Santella
  • Real Estate Agent
  • NJ & NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • NJ & NY
Replied Feb 14 2024, 07:22

There are good investment deals in any market, people successfully do so all over the country. As a realtor in Brooklyn and Long Island, I can promise you there are most definitely good rental properties in NY if you look in the right areas and have the correct strategy. 

Not many people know about SDIRA's, I am very happy for you that you are interested or have opened one!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Veronica Brawley
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 19 2024, 21:40
Not talking to Josh Gilmore anymore, after the company's  presentation to us we realized the money they wanted from us was not a good investment for us.  I had high hopes because its seems so much easier to do this real estate investment with a PROFESSIONAL. The more I listen to Bigger Pockets YouTube podcasts I feel I don't really need a them and can do this myself....going to get started, like Rob said document your journey and here I go....

P