• Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
Howdy from the suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona

Sean Kruger
  • Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Posted Nov 22 2014, 11:05

hello all, my name is sean and I've lived gilbert for nearly all my life.  

I came here to learn and help figure out the means to the end, the end being able to do real estate full time.

The wife and I are "mom and pop" real estate investors, 3 rental houses and a condo as well.  I want to learn the next steps of how and what.  The what being; continue with homes or go to MF, homes without HOAs, or some sort of very small commercial.  The how being the dollars to make it possible.

Looking forward to learning more!

Sean

User Stats

Votes
Dick Rosen
  • Property Manager
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Gilbert, AZ
Replied Nov 22 2014, 11:09

Welcome to BP @Sean Kruger 

What's your day jobs if I may ask?

User Stats

Votes
Sean Kruger
  • Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Replied Nov 22 2014, 11:13

I am a speacilized customEr service associate. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Steve Olafson
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Nov 22 2014, 11:51

Seems like there are a lot of Phoenicians on here.  Welcome.

I would be leary of the current apartment market here in this city.  Seems to me like prices are out of control.  Perhaps rent growth will catch up with the current pricing but I am exiting the market for the most part.

User Stats

Votes
Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 22 2014, 19:32

@sean 

@Sean Kruger welcome to BP! Sounds like you might want to start studying up on deal syndication where you raise money form investors and buy properties together. 

User Stats

Votes
Sean Kruger
  • Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Replied Nov 23 2014, 21:35

@Joe Fairless thanks for the tip, I will read up on that as an option.

@Steve Olafson I tend to agree with you after looking out what's out there for sale and just seeing how much new construction is going on around the valley. It seems everything is overpriced with low cap rates and every seller seems to be saying that rents can be raised. I'd be curious to know more of your thoughts on direction of the valley. Based on price vs rent, I don't see much more appreciatation in SFR which is why I have been waiting to learn more about other options.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied Nov 23 2014, 23:04

Hey @Sean Kruger welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Have you read this post yet? You might enjoy it: How to Buy a Small MultiFamily Property: A Step by Step Case Study

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

User Stats

Votes
Frankie Woods
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Replied Nov 24 2014, 00:13

Welcome to BP @Sean Kruger !

User Stats

Votes
Jon Huber
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Nov 24 2014, 09:47

@Sean Kruger

Welcome to the community! Now be sure to be active... you will get so much from this site if you interact. Read blogs, ask questions, join meetups, and I always suggest a podcast marathon. Good luck!