James MacFarlane
  • Lakehurst, NJ
Votes |
Greenhorn from New Jersey

James MacFarlane
  • Lakehurst, NJ
Posted Mar 29 2015, 15:39

Hello BiggerPockets Community!

My name is James and I recently started looking into real estate as a way to work towards financial freedom.  I'm 27 years old and I have ZERO real estate experience. I have only been to a free seminar or two about real estate investing, and am currently reading "The Book on Flipping Houses" by J. Scott.  Other then that, I have attended a few of Brandon Turner's webinars when spare time permits.

My main reason for looking into real estate is simple... TIME.  Currently I work 55+ plus hours a week and would really like to start investing in my future with more then a traditional retirement plan. Real estate seems to be one of the best (if not the best) vehicles to pursue and obtain that goal of becoming financially free earlier in life.  I recently discovered my passion in volunteering and would really love to build a passive income early on so I can focus my time on doing that (putting in the time seems more gratifying then just sending a check).  

I graduated college with a BA in Criminal Justice, but realized that the career paths my degree provided me did not fill my want to genuinely help others (people and animals).  I have held a job with the same company for 10 years (my first and only job actually), and just hope to put my time to a better use someday with the help and guidance from the BP community.

Thanks all,

James MacFarlane

Loading replies...