• Real Estate Lender
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
New to BiggerPockets - real estate lawyer turned entrepreneur

Charles Clinton
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Aug 23 2015, 08:18

Hi Bigger Pocket-ers, I know I'm supposed to introduce myself to the community as I start meeting new people and giving and receiving advice so here it goes: I began my real estate career as a real estate lawyer with Simpson Thacher, primarily working for Blackstone, KKR and a handful of other private equity clients.  I left my legal career to jump into the new world of marketplace finance ( or as its more commonly called, crowdfunding) because I see incredible potential in the space. The market has already been flooded with companies trying to capitalize on the new opportunity but we're really only seeing the tip of the iceberg on adoption by real estate companies and investors and what this market will look like once it matures.

I joined BiggerPockets to interact with its large community of intelligent real estate professionals, entrepreneurs and investors and learn from the community's remarkable breadth of knowledge (and hopefully add to it a bit also). I'm excited to get started and would particularly love to hear any experiences, thoughts, questions or criticisms about crowdfunding.

Loading replies...