• Iowa City, IA
Votes |
Newbie from Iowa

Jessica Loan
  • Investor
  • Iowa City, IA
Posted May 15 2016, 19:20

Hi everyone! 

I'm a new investor from Iowa. My fiance and I have one single family home that is a college rental right now, along with our current home where we live and rent out the basement. We are mostly interested in buy and hold investing and learned about Bigger Pockets from listening to the podcast (love it!) Both my fiance and I have full time jobs. Although we have a couple of properties, I would definitely say we are still rookies and have lots to learn! I am considering getting my Real Estate License right now (primarily to get access to the MLS). I am not planning to become a Real Estate Agent as my full time job but I noticed when I was researching the Real Estate License that they have a requirement in Iowa ...

1. A salesperson must be assigned to (work for) a licensed broker or firm and cannot conduct business independently

I'm not sure if this means that I would not be able to get my Real Estate License unless I am working as a agent?  If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to learning lots and becoming involved in the Bigger Pockets community!

Loading replies...