• Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Greetings from Spring, TX

Anthony Dennis
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jan 27 2013, 13:09

Hello everyone, I hope all is well. My name is Anthony and I just want to take some time to introduce myself. As mentioned in the subject title, I reside in Spring, TX which is about 20 minutes north of Houston. (approx. 10 minutes from that new Exxon/Mobil campus construction site). Lived in Houston my whole life as I grew up Houston/Humble/Spring broken into thirds.

I'm 27 years old (28 in March) and since this past summer, I have really developed a strong passion for Real Estate. I was focused solely on buying, rehabbing and reselling as it is widely popular, and I figured, ''I can do the same''. I already knew it wouldn't be easy in the slightest, so I've been educating myself tirelessly all hours of the day and night, and I still have a long ways to go. (lol)

Since I don't have the finances currently to begin buying and flipping per se, I had a light bulb moment that I should try my hand at detouring from studying flipping and educate on the Wholesaling side which I've read is a great way to build capital without needing to have monetary reserves and great credit.

Houston has a really good housing market and from research and Realtors, it is a great time to get in on the action, but honestly, since I am a newbie it's a little bit intimidating with all the 'ifs' that creeps into the psyche.

Wholesaling is the perfect start for me, as Ive been getting Realtor contacts going and in order to make it complete I need investors willing to partner up with me.

Anyone in the Houston area interested, please feel free to reply below and/or inbox me. Thanks for everyones' time!

User Stats

Votes
Lyall Storandt
  • Licensed Real Estate Broker & Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
  • Licensed Real Estate Broker & Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Jan 27 2013, 13:20

Hey Anthony Dennis! Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

I think I can help you with both your short and long-term goals and will shoot you a PM in regards to both.

Houston is an excellent real estate market and there are tons of opportunities for both seasoned and new investors alike.

The folks on this forum are incredibly knowledgeable and you can find the answers to most any real estate related question very easily. If you can't find what you're looking for, ask away and someone will point you in the right direction!

- Lyall

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorReplied Jan 27 2013, 13:21

Welcome Anthony,

Plenty of info on here on wholesaling. Just use the search bar feature at the top and put in the keywords you are looking for.

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Dennis
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 27 2013, 13:43

@Lyall Storandt Sounds great, much appreciated and I look forward to working with you!

This site has been THE place to go for everything RE.

Joel Owens Ok, great, thanks for the heads up!

User Stats

Votes
Chuck C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Jan 27 2013, 15:52

Hey Anthony - you have come to right place. I wish I had found BP a lot sooner. I'm here in The Woodlands and will be happy to lend any advice. I will also send you a personal message but I believe Texas and especially Houston is as hot as it gets for REI.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Dennis
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 27 2013, 17:48

@ Chuck C. lol Yeah I hear you, I wish I found BP sooner also instead wasting time getting my Criminal Justice degree, but I can't complain.

Ok, youre a little bit northward, thats cool, The Woodlands is massive, I know there must be alot of opportunity over there. We're in a great location indeed!

Talk to you soon.

User Stats

Votes
Sam Craven
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 28 2013, 08:25

Anthony Dennis

Welcome to BP, im also 27 and also in north houston.

Try and make it to our Houston BP networking event next week.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/80881

look forward to meeting you.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Dennis
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 28 2013, 12:13

Hello Sam, thanks! BP has been great.

Oh really? Cool coincidence. Hopefuly I can add successful in Real Estate to that list soon, also. (lol)

For sure, that sounds great. I'll try my best to attend, thanks for the heads up Sam.

User Stats

Votes
Laurence Bealer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Mar 26 2013, 09:39

Hello Anthony, I am a local investor and noticed that you are in Spring. Just want to connect with another local investor. How are things going?

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Dennis
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Sep 5 2013, 16:30

Hi Laurence, wow I've been away forever. lol

Things are great, I can't complain, just plowing one day at a time.

I hope your investing is going great.