Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Charles Davis
  • First Time LandLord Bronx, NY
Votes |
Hey guys I just wanted to run my idea pass you guys .....

Charles Davis
  • First Time LandLord Bronx, NY
Posted Jul 23 2014, 13:22

I'm planning on buy a rentals property . I have a low paying job and i think it will be herd to get a loan so i came up with this plan instead . I want to buy my first property cash (That i saved up) and then take a equity loan on the home ager it's been rented and buy another home . i wanted to know what you guys thought about that . 

User Stats

Votes
Gerald Harris
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jul 23 2014, 13:52

Great Plan!

To get you the cash quicker why not do Wholesaling?   you can Wholesale some properties take the cash, and buy your rentals

Here is a link that will help you as a new investor

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/1362...

Account Closed
  • Full-Time Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Full-Time Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 23 2014, 13:57

I think it's a great idea.  Please remember, however, that even if you own a property free and clear, the bank may still put you through the ringer and could potentially not qualify you for the loan.  Lenders usually want to see a history of 2 years rental history before they can use that to count towards your income.  I'd say your best bet to pull out equity is a small, local bank.  They're usually more open to those scenarios.  You could also consider marketing for owner finance deals where you don't need to qualify for the loan.  Good luck :)

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jerome Harrod II
  • Professional
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Jul 23 2014, 15:00

Sounds like a good plan, and you also got a couple brilliant ideas above too consider.

If I may add a suggestion, Look into lease purchasing if you're new to being a landlord. When lease purchasing as an investor, you get the benefits of being a landlord with little to no tenant drama (meaning you don't deal with fixing repairs & tenants are easy to find)  and if structured right, good monthly income plus cash-out in the end.

Just my thoughts. Happy hunting