New Investor Help

New Investor Help

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes

I am setting up this Post to help the new wholesaler/Investor in getting started in Real Estate.   This is a series of links to help you with Contracts and know how

Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatb...

Wholesale Investing Contract

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/Grennie_Jr...

Wholesale Assignment Contract

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/Grennie_Jr...

Purchase & Sale Contract

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/ventekreal...

List of Contracts and other Agreements

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/category/contra...

Hope this Helps you All!

34Reply
169 views

Most Popular Reply

North Dartmouth, MA · Member since 2014 · 172 posts · 53 votes
12y

@Gerald Harris This could not have come at a better time.  Thanks a ton for this awesome information!

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • North Dartmouth, MA · Member since 2014 · 172 posts · 53 votes
    12y

    @Gerald Harris This could not have come at a better time.  Thanks a ton for this awesome information!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    No Problem

    Have a great day!

  • Homeowner · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    thanks for putting this info all in one place. As a new investor trying to learn everything I can and love a one stop shop of info. 

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    No Problem Parker.   Have a great day

  • Involved In Real Estate · Richmond, VA · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    @ Gerald, this such a fantastic post! Thank you so much for putting this up.

    I do have a quick question. Can you explain the difference between the contracts you have posted? (Difference between Purchase and Sale contract vs Assignable contract vs Wholesale Investing contract)

    Thank you very much!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    Purchase Contract is a flat out buying a property.   

    Example:   A seller has a house for sale and you want to buy it.   You write up a contract, get seller to sign and agree to sell to you.  

    Wholesale Contract is a Purchase contract with an (Assigment Clause)

    (I agree to purchase and or assign)  should be in the Wholesale Purchase Contract. 

    Assignment Contract is where you have an agreement to assign your equitable interest or rights to an end buyer.   Typically a cash buyer.   

    Purchase contract and wholesale contract are 1 and the same.   With your Purchase contract if you are going to be wholesaling you must have that (and or assign)   you are assigning your equitable interest to a buyer/investor.  

  • Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 402 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    I think any contract is assignable unless otherwise stated. My guess is we add "and/or assigns" to make it stronger in case of litigation? 

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    Very True Russell

  • Euclid, OH · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    This information is Golden!! Thanks alot!! I really like the fact that other investors are so willing to assist the "newbies".

    Much Appreciated!!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    Not a problem mark

    Have a great day.  

  • Real Estate Investor · Altamonte Springs, FL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    Thanks Gerald, couldn't be better, You always supporting this community with such a good information. Thanks Again!!

  • Real Estate Investor · New Castle, DE · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Thanks Gerald, 

    This came right on time!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 319 posts · 153 votes
    12y

    Thanks a lot@Gerald Harris . These are very useful.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    No problem folks

    If you all have a question, post it on Bigger Pockets and I along with the community will do our best to answer it to help you succeed

  • Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Wow, this is incredible. I don't even know what I need yet, but I am sure I need some of this. :)

    Newbie

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Hi Gerald, Thank you! Wow. Good stuff!! Yes.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    @Lutonya Johnson 

    Not a problem.  Keep soaking up all the information on this site.   It will help you

    Have a great day!

  • Real Estate Investor · N. Charleston, SC · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    @Gerald Harris thanks for your info. been looking for this I'm a newbie still trying to set up & soak up all info I like all my ducks in a row before I step out so I'm still setting up my business...thank you for your advise & info

  • Professional · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @Gerald Harris Real handy thanks !

  • Peoria, AZ · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Thanks!  Very helpful info for those of us looking to get into the game.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    Not a problem folks

    If you know someone that needs help, send them that link.  Anything and everything you need to know about beginner your real estate investing career you can find here on Bigger Pockets

  • Investor · Troutville, VA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the information, being new, this helps a lot. 

    Question though, since I am completely new, does anyone have an example of what this contract would look like filled out? Would like to ensure that this doc is being used properly.

  • Real Estate Agent · Waco, TX · Member since 2013 · 33 posts · 0 votes
    12y
    Just What I needed
  • Wayne, NJ · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    awesome! Thanks so much. 

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Super helpful @Gerald Harris ! BP community rocks! :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.