Using Fiverr to Get Stuff Done

Using Fiverr to Get Stuff Done

Wholesaler · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 219 posts · 38 votes

Hey I thought it would be cool to list some things that you can use fiverr.com for, and also have other people from the community list things that they've used the site for.

Fiverr is a site where you can hire people to do "gigs" for $5 each. Each gig is $5 but there are also services you can buy for multiple gigs. It's a great way to get those small tasks done that you've been putting off for weeks, months, or even years.

Some things that I've used the site for:

1. Building my squeeze page. I hired someone to build me a customized squeeze page in WP for $15. I also order more gigs from him each time I want to change something on the site.
2. Creating my company logo. Someone built me a professional looking logo in a few different sizes and formats for $5.
3. Creating my eBook cover. Same deal..hired someone to create my ebook cover for $5. I told him the ideas I wanted, then he created it and also edited the cover a few times for me.

Some other things you could use the site for:

1. Recording a voicemail for your answering machine. If you don't have the best or the friendliest voice in the world, you can find someone that does to record a voicemail for your phone.
2. Build images or graphics for your website.
3. SEO your website for a better conversion rate. I'm actually working on hiring someone to do this for me this week.

If anyone else has used Fiverr to complete a certain task or tasks in their business please post them here. And let everyone know how your experience was, if it was worth it or not, what to watch out for, etc.

I think this could become a great thread for everyone in the community! Any and all feedback is welcome.

1Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2011 · 789 posts · 403 votes
14y

I've referred people to them for some logos, and have done the same myself. Graphic stuff, and I had someone "Like" some video or something 50 times or something stupid just to see what happened.
I'm thinking about having someone send me supportive e-mails for a week..just to make me feel warm and fuzzy... :)

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
    14y

    I used Fiverr to touch up a photo - actually the photo used here and on other websites. They removed the background, whitened the teeth and evened out the skin tones (on my HUGE forehead).

    I also used fiverr to have a 3D box image made for an information product I wrote (not related to real estate).

    I also have a couple of fiverr people saved for future book cover design and facebook cover photo designs for Facebook business pages.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 431 posts · 106 votes
    14y

    Can you post some follow up on how your seo hiring goes? I've posted some seo work on elance and odesk and so far haven't had a lot of luck finding the right person.

  • Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2011 · 789 posts · 403 votes
    14y

    I've referred people to them for some logos, and have done the same myself. Graphic stuff, and I had someone "Like" some video or something 50 times or something stupid just to see what happened.
    I'm thinking about having someone send me supportive e-mails for a week..just to make me feel warm and fuzzy... :)

  • Residential Landlord · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 356 posts · 81 votes
    14y

    John Jackson I saw the buying "likes" fiverr and was curious of the results. Was it worth it? (For that matter, has anyone else done so?)

    Great idea on the supportive e-mails...maybe that could be an offering for all new tenants - market the property with a daily warm and fuzzy email included. May reduce damage during tenancy.....

  • Wholesaler · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 219 posts · 38 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Dave Meyer:
    John Jackson I saw the buying "likes" fiverr and was curious of the results. Was it worth it? (For that matter, has anyone else done so?)

    Great idea on the supportive e-mails...maybe that could be an offering for all new tenants - market the property with a daily warm and fuzzy email included. May reduce damage during tenancy.....

    Forgot about that one..I had someone give me about 800 likes on my FB page for $5. Also did the same to get about 4,000 followers on Twitter.

    Now I know they aren't real likes or followers (its not people actually interested in my business) but it is good for people just starting out to get an established number of likes or followers.

  • Wholesaler · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 219 posts · 38 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Steve K:
    Can you post some follow up on how your seo hiring goes? I've posted some seo work on elance and odesk and so far haven't had a lot of luck finding the right person.

    And yes Steve I will post my progress with the SEO. I'm sorting through some responses tonight and will hopefully hire one tomorrow.

  • Real Estate Investor · tallahassee, FL · Member since 2012 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    14y

    dang kevin I'm so glad I found this post...I need a bunch of graphics done for my website!

  • Real Estate Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2010 · 413 posts · 114 votes
    14y

    Yea fiverr.com is a cool website to browse through and see what 5 bucks can buy you.

    My personal favorite is having someone be my jealous g/f on facebook for a week. lol

  • Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2011 · 789 posts · 403 votes
    14y

    I don't think the "Likes" really got me anything, other than 200 or whatever likes and the same comment of "Cool video"
    HA!!! I LOVE the jealous g/f idea!!
    Gets my mind wandering....

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    You guys actually pay money for people to like/follow your social media posts? I enjoy the process of getting people to "like" my stuff based on content and really do not understand the point of paying someone for this. That said, if you need someone to like something I will only charge a small fee.

    Fiverr is an interesting site if you need things done on the cheap and definitely has productive uses. I have not used it yet but do enjoy seeing some of the things people are willing to pay others to do.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2010 · 812 posts · 178 votes
    14y

    As others have said, they've done logo's for me. I think fivr is awesome.

  • Wholesaler · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 219 posts · 38 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Mike Jakobczak:
    Yea fiverr.com is a cool website to browse through and see what 5 bucks can buy you.

    My personal favorite is having someone be my jealous g/f on facebook for a week. lol

    That's hilarious Mike. There are some pretty crazy things that people will do for $5.

    Joe Delia, who did you use to get your logo designed? Just curious.

  • Homeowner · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2012 · 65 posts · 20 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Steve K:
    Can you post some follow up on how your seo hiring goes? I've posted some seo work on elance and odesk and so far haven't had a lot of luck finding the right person.

    Be careful with all SEO gigs. There are some that are alright but most of them are trash and can actually hurt your SEO efforts. SEO isn't something that should be done by someone for $5. But, if you know what you are doing you can definitely find gigs that can help you with SEO, stuff like setting up accounts for blogs, spinning articles etc.

  • Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
    14y

    Several months ago Facebook used to require you had 20 "Likes" before you could get your "vanity" URL. Basically that meant you could choose the Name of your Facebook page. You would use your best keyword as the URL.

    So if you had a Fan page used for leasing your properties, you would pay someone on Fiverr to get the 20+ "Likes" so you could then change your Facebook Fan Page URL from:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smith-Rental-Properties/104423692957693?ref=ts

    to:
    https://www.facebook.com/North-Attleboro-MA-homes-for-lease

    The first URL is a real Facebook page and I doubt they are getting much traffic. Why? Because nobody searches Google or Bing for "Smith-Rental-Properties". If they are in that area they will search for the city name and the words "home for lease" or rent. That is where the keyword research that Brandon talks about comes in. You want to see which combination of keywords gets the most traffic.

    So the second URL is what you want to use to attract more traffic.

    Paying for "Likes" was a fast way to get to the Facebook threshold of 20 likes so you could change your Facebook URL to using the keywords.

    Also as someone else mentioned, sometimes it helps make your page seem better is people see a healthy number of "Likes". But beware, most of the Fiverr people who give you likes are getting people from outside the USA to like your pages. If anyone looks at that list of who liked the page, it's obvious you paid for the likes.

    Fully agree with Brandon to have you stay away from Fiverr "likes".

  • Involved In Real Estate · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2010 · 812 posts · 178 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Kevin Tunney:
    Originally posted by Mike Jakobczak:
    Yea fiverr.com is a cool website to browse through and see what 5 bucks can buy you.

    My personal favorite is having someone be my jealous g/f on facebook for a week. lol

    That's hilarious Mike. There are some pretty crazy things that people will do for $5.

    Joe Delia, who did you use to get your logo designed? Just curious.

    To be honest i have no idea.

  • Investor · El Paso, TX · Member since 2009 · 163 posts · 20 votes
    14y

    My first experience with FIVERR was not good. I paif $5 for someone to create a logo for my blog. Within a few days he sent it and then I had to sign up for other programs just to download the link. I told him I didn't want that and he said everyone was using it. He was from somewhere in Europe. I gave him a bad review since I was an unhappy customer. FIVERR paid back my $5 and I looked for another logo designer.

    I would really pay attention to the designer's on FIVERR and ask many questions and be specific about what you want.

    Tom

  • Wholesaler · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 219 posts · 38 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Thomas Handy:
    My first experience with FIVERR was not good. I paif $5 for someone to create a logo for my blog. Within a few days he sent it and then I had to sign up for other programs just to download the link. I told him I didn't want that and he said everyone was using it. He was from somewhere in Europe. I gave him a bad review since I was an unhappy customer. FIVERR paid back my $5 and I looked for another logo designer.

    I would really pay attention to the designer's on FIVERR and ask many questions and be specific about what you want.

    Tom

    Very true. You should ask them questions and make it clear to them what you want before you order from them. I also have them send me examples of thier past work that they've done so I can review it first to see the type of quality work they do.

  • Mountain View, CA · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    I used Fiverr on several occasions to design a house flyer. I found that at this price if I had a few different "vendors" create the flyer, I would have several options. Make sure to look at the samples of work they have already done. When you search on Fiverr sometimes you will miss out on relevant gigs if you just search for things like "real estate marketing". Try using alternate or more generic search terms. I tried to see if they have any local marketing, like for San Jose CA for instance, but there are very few local Gig's in some categories. Overall I am quite satisfied with the quality, given the price.

    Arpad

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.