BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes
Remington Childers
Votes |
Renovation Advice for Heavy Use Items

Posted Jan 30 2024, 14:17

Hello BP Community,

I am currently working on my first rental property. We are currently in the rehab stage of the property, and we are doing everything ourselves for the renovation excluding the heating and air. As I go through the renovation process, I’m trying to make the best decision for longevity of the materials, such as flooring, countertops, appliances, etc. I have heard that tile is very nice in the kitchen and bathroom as well as it is durable but replacing vinyl flooring is much easier (I think) and possibly cheaper to replace. I have also heard that its better to have black or white appliances for long term rentals as they don’t show dents as much as stainless steel does, but the stainless-steel look is the look that surrounding rentals are going for.

The overall goal for the property is completing the BRRR strategy and holding the property long term for long term tenants. I also am trying to hold to the policy of nice properties attract good tenants and that is also determined by a good screening process as well. But, for the sake of the renovation portion I would greatly appreciate the thoughts and opinions of what options you all recommend and what has worked well for you. I have added some of my most important components down below.

Vinyl plank flooring or restoring the original hardwood?

Tile or Vinyl plank flooring in kitchen and bathrooms?

White, black or stainless-steel appliances?

Laminate or granite countertops?

Thank you for the advice!

Loading replies...