Recommendations in Austin, Texas

Recommendations in Austin, Texas

REALTOR® · Bastrop, TX · Member since 2013 · 324 posts · 191 votes

Fellow Central Texans,

I am in the midst of forming an initial business plan/model for future REI.

While I'm still about 4-6 mo. out from seriously considering a first initial purchase or transaction, I am smart enough to know I need a solid team in place before moving forward with any part of it. By team I mean an attorney (RE, Estate, or both), accountant/tax person, and CFP.

For those in the area, any recommendations or referrals to someone you're currently working with or have worked with in the past? Any help would be much apprechiated....

0Reply
37 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 405 posts · 168 votes
    12y

    Hi Patrick! Join us each Thursday where real estate investors of various stages come to chat and share stories. Every Thursday at 11:30AM, Big Daddys on 183/Burnet.

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Jean,

    Every Thursday? Are people all investors?

    Joe

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Joe Zhang

    Yes....and the meetings are pretty good every week. Some weeks are obviously better than others.

    I am happy to introduce anyone to a large batch of our resources. CPAs, attorneys, contractors, etc.

  • REALTOR® · Bastrop, TX · Member since 2013 · 324 posts · 191 votes
    12y

    See, now this is why I love this place. That's great, I'm going to have to check my calender for Thursday to make sure I clear some space. Any particulars about the meeting or just show up with bells on?

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Bryan Hancock:
    @Joe Zhang

    Yes....and the meetings are pretty good every week. Some weeks are obviously better than others.

    I am happy to introduce anyone to a large batch of our resources. CPAs, attorneys, contractors, etc.

    I am looking forward to it.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 405 posts · 168 votes
    12y

    Probably best to register on meetup (http://www.meetup.com/REALESTATEinvestormasterminds/ and RSVP.

    Then just show up and plan to buy lunch for yourself. No extra costs. It's a nice roundtable discussion of what we're working on, strange issues that come up, questions and answers, and what we are looking for. No sales, just connections.

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Bryan Hancock:
    @Joe Zhang
    Yes....and the meetings are pretty good every week. Some weeks are obviously better than others.

    I am happy to introduce anyone to a large batch of our resources. CPAs, attorneys, contractors, etc.

    Hi, Bryan,

    Is this lunch meet the same as this one below? just want to make sure :)

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Investors-of-Austin/events/147445642/?a=co1.1_grp&rv=co1.1

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Bryan H has good connections for every category.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Looks correct Joe. I'll try to make it by tomorrow.

  • REALTOR® · Bastrop, TX · Member since 2013 · 324 posts · 191 votes
    12y

    I unfortunetly won't be able to attend tomorrow, but already have it on my schedule for next week, just need to RSVP.

    I believe the kids say #ExcitedButNerveous LOL

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Thursday's MasterMind & first Wednesday's Roundtable REIA meetings are great places to network in Austin. Regulars and newbies attend both.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.