• Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Top 10 ways to secure a "retail buyer" list

Jason Cousar
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Posted Sep 16 2009, 13:24

I understand this is a wholesaling forum, however, the thread titled "top 10 ways to secure a buyers list" was awesome! kudos, to everyone that chimed in!

i would love to hear everyone's thoughts on a "retail buyer" list.

is just listing on mls your only strategy? what do you do when retail buyers call your wholesale ads?

do you hit up mortgage companies for any of their walkins?

would love everyone's thoughts and prehaps create a list like the other thread.

Thanks

jason

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Oct 2 2009, 15:06

dang.. no replies yet??? lol. Anyway, the way I usually find Retail buyers is by contacting Realty's and getting to know the owner, some I have seen buy at retail, usually if it is a good rental or would be good to option out to others. :cool:

User Stats

Votes
James Blakeley
  • Wholesaler
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Apr 3 2010, 08:20

The simple solution is use MLS listing, for closed and open listings, some may be looking to move. Brokers, and others that will have lists but unable to fill needs.

Always be marketing, networking, and provide professional services, exchange referrals with your professional team.

Don't get greedy, needy, and lose sales, if you can also obtain referrals. Ask for referrals prior to, during, and after closing.
Follow up on sales, and make sure you performed professionally.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Matthew R.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Bend, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Bend, WI
Replied Apr 14 2010, 03:03

What about running a FSBO ad locally and offer seller financing? I bet this would attract retail buyers.

User Stats

Votes
Matthew J. T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Sep 5 2011, 19:51

If I have a property under contract, is it ok for me to sell to retail buyers and hire a realtor to market the property for me since I have equitable interest in the property? Than when I find my buyer, just basically double close on a-b, and than flip it to my retail b-c. Can this be done, if I don't hold title but equitable interest?