Liquidating a San Diego condo Portfolio

Liquidating a San Diego condo Portfolio

Member since 2019 · 84 posts · 32 votes

I got a mind-bending challenge.

I want to liquidate my 6 rental condos and move the funds into one larger property.
The condos are all over San Diego and the leases are all over the different months.
I can't imagine a reasonable plan that may fit into the 1031 exchange.

Unless I can sell the whole portfolio all at once with tenants in place. However, I never hear people do it.

I desperately need advice, how to accomplish it without losing much market value.

Dennis

4Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Dave FosterBusiness Member
Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 9k+ votes
5y

@Dennis Nikolaev, consider locking up your replacement property first through a Reverse Exchange.  This would then give you 180 days to sell all of your old condos and purchase the new property from the entity set up by the 1031 QI.

.

The 1031 Investor5137 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.