Flock Homes - 721 Exchange

Flock Homes - 721 Exchange

Investor · Thornton, CO · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 2 votes

Has anyone had any experience with this company? Curious to know how it's going and if it's a good alternative to selling my properties or trying to do a 1031 down the road. 

0Reply
326 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 5 votes
4y

I contributed a home recently (May 2022).

Overall process was relatively smooth. Although there were a few miscommunications internally at Flock which I had to clarify/follow up on to rectify. 

The home I contributed is a San Antonio SFR that I'd rented out since purchasing it brand new back in 2005. Remaining principle on the mortgage was paid by Flock at closing ( ~60K), so my shares at Flock represent the equity in the home that I'd accumulated from appreciation and principal repayment over the last 17 yrs.

I like their approach/strategy. Hopefully a) they meet/exceed my expectations over time and b) more auditable info/data comes into existence based on the experience of Flock shareholders, in contrast to the rather limited info/data that exists today.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · USA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Dual City Investments has done multiple Section 721 exchanges and accepts 721 properties as capital contributions into their fund (Dual City Advantage Fund). That fund has distributed 6% since inception (quarterly) and invests primarily in commercial (not residential) RE. The distributions are tax-advantage returns of capital, which makes those distributions even better. Low fees too. Check them out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.