Tattoos & Tenants: My Wild Ride Into Mixed-Use Property Management

Tattoos & Tenants: My Wild Ride Into Mixed-Use Property Management

Real Estate Agent · WI · Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 14 votes

Our first property management client: a split-use commercial building in Riverwest, home to Riverwest Tattoo. It was a crash course in the realities of mixed-use management. This wasn't a spreadsheet asset; it was a living, breathing community. We dealt with late-night emergencies, complex tenant dynamics (commercial & residential), and the challenges of balancing diverse needs. Bottom line: It taught us that property management is about people, not just properties. Patience, communication, and adaptability were forged in that fire. We didn't get a perfect ending, but we gained invaluable experience that shaped our approach to comprehensive property management. 

What was your first 'baptism by fire' property, and what did you learn?

0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    Well that was a titillating headline!  I don't know if there are ever "perfect" endings, but the spice of life (to me) are those relationships.  

  • Real Estate Agent · WI · Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    1y

    @Kerry Baird I totally agree! I've grown to truly values these realtionships with my clients and the tenants in the properties I manage. They are all unique and provide me with perspectives I didn't have before meeting and interacting with them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.