Separate phone number for business?

Separate phone number for business?

Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes

Hi all. I just got my real estate license and I am now setting up my business. I was wondering if anyone out there uses Google Voice to use a separate phone number than your personal number? If not, what are you doing? Should I just use my personal number?

Thanks!

1Reply
94 views

Most Popular Reply

Matthew Irish-JonesBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
4y
Quote from @Kayla Santangelo:

Hi all. I just got my real estate license and I am now setting up my business. I was wondering if anyone out there uses Google Voice to use a separate phone number than your personal number? If not, what are you doing? Should I just use my personal number?

Thanks!


 You can use an inexpensive CRM with a forward facing cell number that links directly to your cell phone.  LionDesk would be a good example of this service.  

Irish Jones Realty4.947 Reviews
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    4y

    @Kayla Santangelo

    I would not use your personal number. I know many use google voice. There are a ton of other companies as well. But don’t use your personal number.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Check out Sideline I use it as an insurance agent and it meets all my needs.

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kayla Santangelo:

    Hi all. I just got my real estate license and I am now setting up my business. I was wondering if anyone out there uses Google Voice to use a separate phone number than your personal number? If not, what are you doing? Should I just use my personal number?

    Thanks!


     Separate phone number for the office, and I give tenants my cell number.

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Chris Seveney thank you! 

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Jaylan Spear thanks, I’ll look into it! 

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @JD Martin thanks!

  • Cameron MoorePro Member
    Insurance Agent · DFW, TX · Member since 2021 · 348 posts · 245 votes
    4y

    I use RingCentral, more pricey but many more options. 

  • Tyler SpeelmanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Maria Stein, OH · Member since 2018 · 75 posts · 48 votes
    4y

    @Kayla Santangelo

    I use google voice. It is nice to be able to customize the voicemail for business. It can forward all texts and transcribed voicemails to your work email. I believe you can transfer the number to someone else in the future if you wanted to sell business.

  • Matthew Irish-JonesBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kayla Santangelo:

    Hi all. I just got my real estate license and I am now setting up my business. I was wondering if anyone out there uses Google Voice to use a separate phone number than your personal number? If not, what are you doing? Should I just use my personal number?

    Thanks!


     You can use an inexpensive CRM with a forward facing cell number that links directly to your cell phone.  LionDesk would be a good example of this service.  

    Irish Jones Realty4.947 Reviews
    View Page
  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Cameron Moore thanks will look into it!

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y
  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y
  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    @Kayla Santangelo

    I am new (1 unit) to REI and just screening to get the first tenant in was worth Google Voice. It has plenty of options to get you started and allowed me to do what I wanted, which was to screen the calls and work on the REI business, when I'm ready...not when the tenant wants me at their beck and call.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2014 · 414 posts · 272 votes
    4y

    One advantage of Google Voice is that you can keep its number as your permanent public number. You can forward those calls to your cell phone or VOIP home phone or both. Then, when you get a new cell carrier, there's no need to port the public number to the new carrier or tell people you have a new number. You just change the forwarding in Google.

  • Realtor · Central Oregon · Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    I use my personal number. I've been licensed in real estate for 4 years but a business owner for 10 before that and have always used my personal number. I do have another number through my CRM that I can use but it just confuses people now. 

    I'm curious as to why people say not to use a personal number? In 14 years I've never really had an issue. 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 286 posts · 135 votes
    4y

    @Kayla Santangelo

    I use phone.com and google voice. I think its best if you can separate personal from business.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Kayla Santangelo I use IPlum for my business line. Forwarda right to your current phone line and is affordable.

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Wesley I. thanks!

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y
  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Sean Greenwell thanks! That’s helpful. 

  • Lender · CO CA TX WA ID OR · Member since 2020 · 419 posts · 542 votes
    4y

    I use Ring Central - it's ok. Sometimes there is a delay on phone calls which results in us talking over each other. I do recommend a business line, however some clients like it when I give them my personal.

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Bob H. thanks! That was one of the reasons why I was considering it. 

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Christina Tsutsui-Tharp that’s good to know. I had another agent mention Google Voice. Wasn’t sure what standard practice was. 

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y
  • CPA · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 413 posts · 258 votes
    4y

    @Kayla Santangelo - I use Zoom Phone and Google Voice for my different businesses. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.