Separate phone number for business?

Separate phone number for business?

Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes

Hi all. I just got my real estate license and I am now setting up my business. I was wondering if anyone out there uses Google Voice to use a separate phone number than your personal number? If not, what are you doing? Should I just use my personal number?

Thanks!

1Reply
101 views

Most Popular Reply

Matthew Irish-JonesBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
4y
Quote from @Kayla Santangelo:

Hi all. I just got my real estate license and I am now setting up my business. I was wondering if anyone out there uses Google Voice to use a separate phone number than your personal number? If not, what are you doing? Should I just use my personal number?

Thanks!


 You can use an inexpensive CRM with a forward facing cell number that links directly to your cell phone.  LionDesk would be a good example of this service.  

Irish Jones Realty4.947 Reviews
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Kayla Santangelo

    I think this depends on your preference, as some people uses one phone number for both personal and business purpose, while some people prefer separate phone numbers.

    If you don't want to manage multiple phones, then you can use your personal number for for both personal and business.

    Here are 4 Reasons You Should Get a Separate Number for Your Small Business.

    Reason #1: Avoiding Customers and Clients During Off-Hours.

    Reason #2: Reducing Stress

    Reason #3: Automation

    Reason #4: You’ll Give Yourself More Options

    Read this blog on reasons you should get a separate number for your business https://grasshopper.com/blog/4-reasons-you-should-get-a-separate-number-for-your-small-business/#

    All the best!

  • Nick ZupecPro Member
    Investor · Saint Joseph, MI · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 44 votes
    4y

    Congrats Kayla. I started using Google Voice about 10 months ago when listing my first rental property because I didn't want to give tenants (and prospective tenants) my personal cell phone. It was nice that I got to select a local number because my personal cell has a different area code. Originally, I planned to make an old cell phone my "business phone" and use it on wifi only. After a couple weeks, I changed my mind and forwarded the number to my personal cell so that I would get calls away from home too. It is nice to have the option though and you can choose to not allow calls outside of certain hours. It is also nice to setup a separate voicemail and to also get transcription of your messages. Overall, I have been happy with it. I hope that helps and good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Minot, ND · Member since 2021 · 131 posts · 223 votes
    4y

    On the investment side, having a second number is preferred.  As an agent, use your personal number.  You need to be fully available (with some reasonable exceptions).  Your clients will expect you to be responsive or you'll lose business.  Availability is key component of success for an agent.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kayla Santangelo:

    Hi all. I just got my real estate license and I am now setting up my business. I was wondering if anyone out there uses Google Voice to use a separate phone number than your personal number? If not, what are you doing? Should I just use my personal number?

    Thanks!


     I use google voice and it has worked out well. 

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y
  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Amy Raye Rogers thank you for the input!

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Nick Zupec thanks! I have a different area code too from where I live now. I was thinking it would be great to have a number that was from the area. 

  • Member since 2021 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Wale Lawal thank you for the info!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.