New Agent looking for agency to join

New Agent looking for agency to join

Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes

I passed my exam and have a 9-5 so want to work part time as agent.  Can’t seem to find a broker that wants to work with me.  Any suggestions.  I have had a few seem interested then disappear.  Not giving up but disappointed. Any ideas.  I am going to continue go through my schools career list over the weekend.

3Reply
123 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
4y

@Pam Wils I am located in NYC and yourself?

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · DC MD, VA & NV · Member since 2014 · 512 posts · 292 votes
    4y

    Many brokers shy away from new agents who won't or can't commit to full-time as it can be very difficult starting off building your business and being available to clients if you can't break away from a 9-5.  @Pam Wils and @Christian Gonzales, eXp Realty is a great option, however, if you're not a resourceful, 'self-starter', I would recommend joining a team-  of course a team will charge more as they'll be sending you leads & doing more hand-holding.  Otherwise, as a new agent you'll be assigned a Mentor with eXp who will be in your local market, however, your sponsor doesn't necessarily need to be local as they're there to help you on-board and build your business.  If the person you initially reached out to didn't follow up then they clearly wouldn't be a good sponsor!  There's plenty of agents are willing to assist you... you just need to find the right one!  In addition to the others who've responded here, I'm also happy to help. -best of luck!

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils I may have an answer you wouldn't expect, an honest one, lol. 

    If I were in your shoes, at that point, knowing what I know now, without a seconds hesitation I'd jump on with Jaime Resendiz group at eXp, 100%.

    And you'll notice I am with a completely different brokerage, run my own team. It's a journey being an agent and moves happen, a lot, for good reason. I do what many do at my level, look back and think "dang, I wish I had known and done....". And now I am a bit stuck, as a Top Producer it's a whole lot more complicated to make a move, so much more complex. Looking back, I wish I'd had meet Jaime years ago and gone that way. 

    I know many top producers, top brokers and what not, in the position your in that's where I'd go as I believe it the best success environment, community and system.       

    Do yourself a favor and look him up. And FYI, I make $0.00 for this referral, no downline, nothing, just a clear conscious of telling someone what I wish someone once told me. (I can't complain too much though, I did make it work, work so well I'm stuck, lol) 

  • Dan DiFilippoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2020 · 251 posts · 244 votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils welcome to the profession. Second best advice I have for you is fake it till you make it.

    The best advice is stay as far away from eXp as possible. It's a failure-oriented organization in which you are the product. They are the worst part of the real estate industry.

    Source: I was affiliated with them. They refused to do anything when I produced clear evidence of another *internal* agent doctoring/misrepresentating documents in an attempt to defraud me.

    Brookdale Property Management
  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Dan DiFilippo omg.  That is horrible.  The majority is saying exp is the best.

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Dan DiFilippo how can I fake it till I make it in real estate 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Keller Williams?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 144 votes
    4y

    ADVICE: If anyone is telling you to AVOID or choose any certain firms it is because they have a bias opinion that's either good or they have bad taste in their mouth for whatever reason. Not saying their feelings are not validated, but there are probably a hundred other agents who would give that same firm an opposite opinion. 

    We jumped from Keller Williams over to eXp and have interviewed several other companies over the years. My best advise after growing our team from 3 agents to over 83 agents across 8 states, I would recommend you look for a culture that you want. Not a brand. Find a group of like minded individuals who can help you grow they way you want to grow. The information to be a "good" agent is abundant on free sources. Don't make a decision based on "training". Once you learn what you need to learn that right culture should help you make your next decision on which firm would be the best for you. 

    If you want to chat about key questions and all that shoot me a DM and I can send over a couple of cheat sheets we have all agents use when shopping for firms

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Many brokers I know rarely take on part time new agents. The reason why is that it takes a lot of time to train new agents and it takes a long time for an agent to be successful. If you’re only spending half the time in the job then it will take you even longer which is less gratifying and leads to many part time people going back to their other job.

    If you have to start part time then you need to outshine other agents that will be full time. How do you do that? You show that are a self starter and can follow up until they respond. Treat the broker like a client and they will see you as an asset they need. And every broker needs an agent that will hustle. this is a sales job and unless you follow up with people then you won’t get any sales. Reach out to the broker via phone or email on a consistent basis a few times a week and they’ll definitely respond to you.

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Michael Glaspie:

    ADVICE: If anyone is telling you to AVOID or choose any certain firms it is because they have a bias opinion that's either good or they have bad taste in their mouth for whatever reason. Not saying their feelings are not validated, but there are probably a hundred other agents who would give that same firm an opposite opinion. 

    We jumped from Keller Williams over to eXp and have interviewed several other companies over the years. My best advise after growing our team from 3 agents to over 83 agents across 8 states, I would recommend you look for a culture that you want. Not a brand. Find a group of like minded individuals who can help you grow they way you want to grow. The information to be a "good" agent is abundant on free sources. Don't make a decision based on "training". Once you learn what you need to learn that right culture should help you make your next decision on which firm would be the best for you. 

    If you want to chat about key questions and all that shoot me a DM and I can send over a couple of cheat sheets we have all agents use when shopping for firms

    @Pam Wils

     I absolutely agree. Its the culture of the office that really makes it.  eXp has one huge virtual office.  But, if you take a "regular" brand such as a Re/Max, Coldwell Banker, etc..  The the "feeling" or "attitude" will/can be drastically different from one Brokerage to another.  But, I think in your case you just need to get started.  So eXp was just one way for YOU to get started since their "virtual setup" and style they seem to fine with basically leaving agents alone.  Good luck.

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y
  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @David M.thank you!

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @James Hamling thank you!

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dan DiFilippo:

    @Pam Wils welcome to the profession. Second best advice I have for you is fake it till you make it.

    The best advice is stay as far away from eXp as possible. It's a failure-oriented organization in which you are the product. They are the worst part of the real estate industry.

    Source: I was affiliated with them. They refused to do anything when I produced clear evidence of another *internal* agent doctoring/misrepresentating documents in an attempt to defraud me.


     Well..... Now I know what agent in NC I will NEVER work with.    

    How about do a self assessment, pick a specific niche a person has best natural ability/resources to succeed at, and stick to that 1 thing until get great at it, and then expand. Pretending to know what you don't know, lying, BS'ing, that's the best way to build a sh#t reputation and to be known as the clueless liar.   

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dan DiFilippo:

    @James Hamling that's fine. I'd fire you anyway. I see your posts around BP. You're intellectually deficient.


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.