New Agent looking for agency to join

New Agent looking for agency to join

Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes

I passed my exam and have a 9-5 so want to work part time as agent.  Can’t seem to find a broker that wants to work with me.  Any suggestions.  I have had a few seem interested then disappear.  Not giving up but disappointed. Any ideas.  I am going to continue go through my schools career list over the weekend.

3Reply
125 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
4y

@Pam Wils I am located in NYC and yourself?

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Hey Pam, I am going through the same situation as you. Good luck on your hunt!

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Christian Gonzales so sad….. where are you located?

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Pam Wils I am located in NYC and yourself?

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Christian Gonzales the same.   How long have you been looking?

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 150 posts · 107 votes
    4y

    I had went through a few agency interviews when I received my license in Texas. Seems like the sales pitch is similar across the board. I ended up with eXp Realty for the content on demand, broker is easily accessible in their online "world" (similar to the meta verse), and the splits were more competitive than some of the other big players. I've actually referred over to agents in NYC and it's been easier to network across the country. 

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Robert Finn I did connect with Someone from exp.  Had 2 conversations with them. Thought I would join because of the virtual training.   Now radio silence.  How has your experience been with them?  Are you part time or full time?

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 150 posts · 107 votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils I started out as part time while working my w2. Now I am full time :) 

    There is a sponsor program, which essentially means someone from eXp will guide you into the brokerage and answer any questions before you join. After you join you choose or are assigned a mentor. They will work with you on your first 3 transactions then you go from 60/40 split to 80/20 split. Online content is pretty good, and they have classes M-F you can sit in on and listen through their "eXp world" online platform. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Teifke real estate in austin Texas 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Pam Wils:

    @Christian Gonzales the same.   How long have you been looking?


     Been actively looking since May.

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Robert Finn I did speak to someone who I thought wanted to bring me in on his team.  He told me the fees were higher in nyc.  He answered all my questions.  We had 2 conversations and he was always responsive.  I told him that I would give exp a go.  He sent one response and now radio silence.

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y
  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Eliott Elias I will look them up

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils

    Not so sure about NY/NYC, myself.  But, as mentioned above eXp is a possibility.  They are a newer Brokerage model based on being "virtual" and with a "Ponzi looking scheme" (which they say is verified isn't..) where you get a portion of the commissions from the agents that you bring in and theirs, etc.  So, it incentizes agents to recruit and make sure their recruitees produce.  There are many here on BP.  Hoenstly, I find them sometimes annoying because they are networking to recruit, not as much to do deals.  But, for you that could be good.

    I think the main trade-off is the virtualization.  Honestly, for training and networking, a traditional brokerage could be good/better since by going to meetings you can learn more when you are starting out.  I know you said you have a full time job, but some of our agents work part time, make a few meeings and are still some of our top producers.

    So, sorry I don't have clean answer for you.  But, keep looking.

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @David M.thank you.  I originally connected with someone from exp but then radio silence.

  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2022 · 238 posts · 102 votes
    4y

    Hey Pam! Happy to chat. Let's connect

  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2022 · 238 posts · 102 votes
    4y

    @Christian Gonzales Are you from NYC as well? Happy to chat about different opportunities.

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils I don't recommend part time but if it's all you can do to start just work to go full time asap. Keller Williams has been the best for me and I worked at a smaller shop before.

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils. Where do you live ?

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 257 posts · 172 votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils @Christian Gonzales EXP is actively growing and always recruiting new agents. It has a great mentorship program and TONS of virtual training. Happy to jump on a call anytime 

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Jordan Moorhead thank you!  Part time is only option for me at this point.

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Lucia Rushton New York 

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Kevin Hart I have talked with someone at exp but then radio silence.

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 257 posts · 172 votes
    4y

    @Pam Wils then that person did a bad job. I can walk you through the process no problem. 

  • Scott WolfPro Member
    Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 958 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Pam Wils:

    @Christian Gonzales so sad….. where are you located?


     What are you both looking for?  If you're looking for a mentor, doing RE sales part-time is hard to find someone to invest their time in you.  If you think you have a network that will bring you deals, I may know someone that you speak with for a split.

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Pam Wils:

    @Lucia Rushton New York 


     For me, it also depends on what time of brokerage you want to represent. I know there are many that I didn't feel met my personality. Then comes the training, then the support (are you self-sufficient or will you need alot of hand holding in the beginning) and then comes the compensation split. Happy to have a general conversation with you once you have some brokerages to pick from, but I don't have recommendations in NY. sorry 

    Best wishes, 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.