Investor friendly real estate agent needed in Traverse City

Investor friendly real estate agent needed in Traverse City

Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 170 posts · 58 votes

Hey BP family,

My name is Lindsey and my wife and I are moving to Traverse City, MI this October. I am looking to pick up 2-3 properties near downtown and the college to turn into STRs. I am an agent myself (licensed in CA) and have a financial partner. I do not plan to get my license in MI right away as I am focusing on building an investment portfolio. 

I am looking for a seasoned investor friendly agent who can help me find solid investment properties. Preferably underutilized or in need of a value add. I am also open to distressed property owners and off market deals. If we can make it work on a deal, I think there will be a hand full more in 2023. We are motived and ready to make moves! DM me if you can help or have a connection to a professional. Thank you guys! 

Lindsey

1Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Drew SygitBusiness Member
Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
4y

@Lindsey Johnson great that you're starting to network now!

Recommend you start contacting all the big players in TC and make a list and stay on top of it.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Hi Lindsey,

    I live in Traverse City, am a realtor, and have started (with my broker) working on property management, mostly downtown and east side of Traverse City.  Reach out if you'd like more info!

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    4y

    @Lindsey Johnson great that you're starting to network now!

    Recommend you start contacting all the big players in TC and make a list and stay on top of it.

  • Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 170 posts · 58 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Drew Sygit:

    @Lindsey Johnson great that you're starting to network now!

    Recommend you start contacting all the big players in TC and make a list and stay on top of it.


    Thats a great piece of advice! Thank you!

    How do you recommend finding these players?

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    4y

    @Lindsey Johnson if you have access to the MLS in TC then look for cash deals, properties sold that mention handyman or needs work in remarks. Also 2+ unit properties.

    The agents involved in those transactions probably deal with investors.

  • Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 170 posts · 58 votes
    4y

    @Drew Sygit , Great insight. Unfortunately my MLS access is limited to CA for the moment. I will see if I can connect with a local realtor to help me pull that info. Do you have a connection?

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    4y

    @Lindsey Johnson not our market, so no:(

  • Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 170 posts · 58 votes
    4y

    @Drew Sygit All good man! I will do some digging. Thank you for the insight nonetheless!

  • Quality Technician in a CNC Machine Shop · Rapid City, MI · Member since 2015 · 159 posts · 35 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Lindsey Johnson:

    Hey BP family,

    My name is Lindsey and my wife and I are moving to Traverse City, MI this October. I am looking to pick up 2-3 properties near downtown and the college to turn into STRs. I am an agent myself (licensed in CA) and have a financial partner. I do not plan to get my license in MI right away as I am focusing on building an investment portfolio. 

    I am looking for a seasoned investor friendly agent who can help me find solid investment properties. Preferably underutilized or in need of a value add. I am also open to distressed property owners and off market deals. If we can make it work on a deal, I think there will be a hand full more in 2023. We are motived and ready to make moves! DM me if you can help or have a connection to a professional. Thank you guys! 

    Lindsey

     I recmmend Sam Flamont and / or @Ryan Anderson

  • Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 170 posts · 58 votes
    4y

    @Melody Everett-Neddo I messaged Ryan. Thank you!!

  • Quality Technician in a CNC Machine Shop · Rapid City, MI · Member since 2015 · 159 posts · 35 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Lindsey Johnson:

    @Melody Everett-Neddo I messaged Ryan. Thank you!!

    Highly recommend connecting on FB with Sam Flamont.  He gives a great synopsis of the TC area market.  Usually funny.   He also started a local group, which I have not met with yet.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.