What are some things a brokerage can add to profit?

What are some things a brokerage can add to profit?

Pacific Grove, CA · Member since 2013 · 43 posts · 2 votes

My mom has a brokerage, Im doing courses now to get licensed.

I have some ideas that could help her brokerage expand by marketing such as:

Neighborhood sites, 1800 number with property info, database of contacts that well email to keep in touch.

What else would be helpful? Wed implement these things 1 by 1. She does a good amount of business but its almost all from people she knows, Im trying to get her to widen her circle to people we dont know. I want to help her company, but also myself haha.

Ive read that a real estate agent can get their mortgage broker license to provide financing for buyers and its not a conflict of interest so that might be my next step after getting licensed. My mom was a loan officer for a few years and a escrow officer for over 20

Any advice people have is great, thanks.

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2013 · 767 posts · 389 votes
    12y

    Patience grasshopper. I'd learn from her if she's successful. I'm an hvac contractor and have owned a handyman operation a few years ago. I would much rather have referrals from my circle than from somebody off the street. I've found people that call from internet or sources of marketing are going to waste my time over 50% of the time. People who call me from a referral will usually utilize my services 90% of time. I would rather spend my time taking care of those, than spend my time with somebody who has no intention of buying or price shopping. I'm sure real estate is somewhat similar. Don't get me wrong, I'll talk to those people, because most business require adding around 25% of new customers to their clientele to survive.

  • Real Estate Agent · Henderson, NV · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 550 votes
    12y

    Learn her system inside and out first.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.