Celebrating Jude LeCompte's Real Estate Journey: A Call for Advice and Support

Celebrating Jude LeCompte's Real Estate Journey: A Call for Advice and Support

Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 14 votes

Hey Bigger Pockets community!

I am thrilled and proud to share some exciting news with all of you. Today, my little brother Jude LeCompte passed both the National and State portions of the Louisiana Real Estate exam! It has been a long journey for my baby brother, but now he is on his final steps to complete his application process to become a a Real Estate Agent. I can't begin to express how much passion this kid has for anything he sets his mind to. Growing up with this guy as the last two of a dozen siblings, I've witnessed his remarkable work ethic and unwavering zeal firsthand, and I know he is about to make his mark in Lafayette, Louisiana.

I firmly believe that this forum harbors some of the most incredible individuals and serves as a consolidated wealth of knowledge. Although Jude doesn't have a Bigger Pockets account (yet!), I wanted to reach out to this amazing community to ask for your wisdom and advice. As he embarks on his real estate journey, any insights you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps there are things you wish you had known sooner, unexpected challenges you encountered, or just general sound wisdom that has served you well throughout your own real estate professional endeavors. I assure you that Jude will be overwhelmed with gratitude for anything you all have to offer. He possesses the biggest heart I've ever seen, which is one of the many reasons he is my best friend.

Please take a moment to leave a comment below, sharing any advice or insights that you believe could help Jude as he takes his first steps in the world of real estate. I will personally gather all the comments and send them to him. And knowing Jude, I'm confident that he will find time between his new endeavors and his newborn baby to come on here and personally express his gratitude.

Thank you all in advance for your support and contributions. Your words of wisdom will undoubtedly make a difference in Jude's journey. Let's rally around him and show him the incredible power of this community!

Once again, congratulations to Jude on this significant achievement, and here's to a successful and fulfilling career in real estate. May your path be lined with prosperity and happiness!

Thank you, and God bless!

- Blaise LeCompte

(Jude LeCompte ^)

1Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y

    Congrats to your brother!

    I’d like to share a few points that helped me on my journey:

    1. Study, Study, Study. Train, Train, Train. You’ll soon discover that the information you’re studying to pass your real estate exam doesn't even scratch the surface of all you need to learn to be a good real estate agent. So, I would recommend going through your brokerage training (if they have one), reading books, watching videos, and listening to podcasts. There are a couple of great books in the BP bookstore on being an agent.

    2. Select a niche. There's so much we can do as real estate agents. If you don't select a niche, you'll spin around in circles trying to do a little of everything and not mastering anything. I suggest starting with what you're already doing. I'm an active duty member who invests. I’m a third-generation real estate investor. I want to help families build their financial legacies through real estate. This has been working very well for me, so really spend time honing your niche.

    3. Select a brokerage. I’m rather new, but my decision to choose a brokerage largely came from what I needed now, and your specific niche.

    I’m active duty Air Force and found that many brick and mortar brokerages wouldn’t work for me. I found a great cloud-based brokerage that will allow me to train without physically being in the office taking leave from my military position.

    I think about finding a brokerage like going shoe shopping. What works for you today may not work tomorrow. Make the best decision for you today. If it doesn’t work, make the best decision that day. There are so many options otherwise that will keep your head spinning.

    Lastly, remember that you are interviewing the brokerages not the other way around. Be yourself and go in with what you are looking for. I had three things, but they changed as I visited more brokerages and narrowed down what I wanted.

    4. Provide value to others. Posting on BP and sharing real estate information with your sphere of influence (and social media) is a great way to get started. It lets others know you're a real estate agent, and you know what you're talking about. It's a great way to build trust. Farming your local subdivision with monthly newsletters can also do this, depending on your niche. Believe me, people will reach out to you.

    5. Identify the needs of your SOI. Your SOI may have specific needs. Many of the people in my SOI want to use their VA loan a second time or start investing. So, I'll adjust my messages to focus on those areas. Your SOI is unique, but when you provide value to them, you might see an even greater return.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.