Heading to Cincinnati: Looking for investor-friendly agents to connect with!

Heading to Cincinnati: Looking for investor-friendly agents to connect with!

New to Real Estate · Montreal, Canada · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 8 votes

Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

Thanks in advance!

Elise

2Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
2y

@Elise Asanias @tal Tamil is my go-to in Cleveland.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    2y

    @Elise Asanias @tal Tamil is my go-to in Cleveland.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     Hi Elise, welcome to the Ohio market! You should check out Ohiorem.com there are a lot of good resources on there including neighborhood articles around Cincinnati, along with educational videos on how to build your team. Including how to find a deal finder team member, an investor minded realtor who can help you find deals on and off market.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     Hi! It's great that you're exploring Cincinnati. I'd recommend trying as well Columbus and connecting with local agents who have experience working with international investors. They can provide valuable insights and help navigate the cross-border investing process. I have a few Canadian investors that I am working with. Feel free to connect if you have questions.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 474 posts · 580 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     I am a Cincinnati investor and agent. Happy to connect or answer any questions you have! 

  • Lender · Member since 2022 · 217 posts · 148 votes
    2y

    Welcome to Cincinnati! Go Bengals!

    We've worked with several CA investors in the state and happy to answer any questions you may have on how to go about that...

  • New to Real Estate · Montreal, Canada · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lucia Rushton:

    @Elise Asanias @tal Tamil is my go-to in Cleveland.


     Hi Lucia, appreciate the note and great to have that recommendation, thank you!

  • New to Real Estate · Montreal, Canada · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ryan Stuckey:

    Welcome to Cincinnati! Go Bengals!

    We've worked with several CA investors in the state and happy to answer any questions you may have on how to go about that...


     Hi Ryan, thanks for your note! Great to hear you work with CA investors, I'd be interested in learning more about how you approach that. I'll reach out shortly. Thanks!

  • New to Real Estate · Montreal, Canada · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joseph Cornwell:
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     I am a Cincinnati investor and agent. Happy to connect or answer any questions you have! 


     Hi Joseph, appreciate your note. Would be great to connect further and hear your thoughts, will DM you!

  • New to Real Estate · Montreal, Canada · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Robert Ellis:
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     Hi! It's great that you're exploring Cincinnati. I'd recommend trying as well Columbus and connecting with local agents who have experience working with international investors. They can provide valuable insights and help navigate the cross-border investing process. I have a few Canadian investors that I am working with. Feel free to connect if you have questions.


     Hi Robert, thanks for your note here. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Columbus as well, will connect in DMs here.

  • New to Real Estate · Montreal, Canada · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     Hi Elise, welcome to the Ohio market! You should check out Ohiorem.com there are a lot of good resources on there including neighborhood articles around Cincinnati, along with educational videos on how to build your team. Including how to find a deal finder team member, an investor minded realtor who can help you find deals on and off market.


     Hi Steven, thanks so much for your note here, your site looks great, will definitely give it a closer look over the next few days. Would love to connect further to hear your thoughts on the market given your focus on the area, will DM you. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:
    Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     Hi Elise, welcome to the Ohio market! You should check out Ohiorem.com there are a lot of good resources on there including neighborhood articles around Cincinnati, along with educational videos on how to build your team. Including how to find a deal finder team member, an investor minded realtor who can help you find deals on and off market.


     Hi Steven, thanks so much for your note here, your site looks great, will definitely give it a closer look over the next few days. Would love to connect further to hear your thoughts on the market given your focus on the area, will DM you. Thanks!


    Sure thing looking forward to it! My favorite part of Ohio is the diversity. Cleveland gives me cashflow, Columbus gives me appreciation and the small tertiary market of Newark Ohio oddly gives me both but at a more affordable price! 

  • Sam McCormackBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cincinnati, OH/NKY · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 833 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     Just shot yo a message!

    Sam McCormack Realtor
    View Page
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:
    Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:
    Quote from @Elise Asanias:

    Hi there, I'm an investor from Canada, and will be flying into Cincinnati for the first time next week to check out the market. I'm planning to explore the different regions of the city with the aim to identify specific neighbourhoods that would work for my investment goals (ideally a value-add multifamily, for long-term to mid-term tenants). 

    Are there any agents here that would be open to connecting, to provide a read on market opportunities? I'm looking to establish some roots in the region – splitting my time primarily between Ontario, Ohio, and Montreal – so hoping to connect with real estate professionals with a solid grasp of the market to inform a long-term investment strategy in Ohio. 

    As a Canadian - would be great to connect with folks that have facilitated investing cross-border. 

    Thanks in advance!

    Elise


     Hi Elise, welcome to the Ohio market! You should check out Ohiorem.com there are a lot of good resources on there including neighborhood articles around Cincinnati, along with educational videos on how to build your team. Including how to find a deal finder team member, an investor minded realtor who can help you find deals on and off market.


     Hi Steven, thanks so much for your note here, your site looks great, will definitely give it a closer look over the next few days. Would love to connect further to hear your thoughts on the market given your focus on the area, will DM you. Thanks!


    Sure thing looking forward to it! My favorite part of Ohio is the diversity. Cleveland gives me cashflow, Columbus gives me appreciation and the small tertiary market of Newark Ohio oddly gives me both but at a more affordable price! 


     newark is going crazy right now even for new builds. They have 4-5+ communities in the past 2 years for production builders entering the market which in my opinion is a good sign. buy up while you can! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.