As an Investor can I pay to use the MLS myself ?

As an Investor can I pay to use the MLS myself ?

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes

I live in the state of North Carolina. I often get solicited to list properties that i am attempting to wholesale.

I wanted to ask a question to the Agents or Brokers.

As an Investor, can I pay a fee to use the MLS myself? for research purposes.

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    12y

    Most likely not. Depending on the MLS rules in your state, you may be allowed to become an unlicensed assistant for another agent and gain access that way, but barring that, you'd need to get licensed yourself.

  • Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
    12y
    Gerald Harris have you needed the help of an agent for comps or a CMA? This is how you bring something to the table as an incentive for agents to help you. You have listing leads when properties don't work out as wholesale deals. You won't be able to put properties on the MLS without a license. It's not something they are likely to be able to legally pay you any kind of finders fee either. It's more of a bartering arrangement where they do work of providing comps and MLS information in exchange for listing leads.
  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Regarding "I live in the state of North Carolina. I often get solicited to list properties that i am attempting to wholesale." "Listing" (as in 'promoting the sale of', under a contract) properties, with the intent to profit from the sale of property owned by others, is a brokerage activity and requires a license.

    "As an Investor, can I pay a fee to use the MLS myself? for research purposes." Really? For research purposes?

    I am guessing Charlotte is like the Raleigh area. You can get (view only) MLS listings for free. And I do 'research' with tMLS. But creating listings... that requires a license.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.