What's your best lead generation source for both buyers and sellers?

What's your best lead generation source for both buyers and sellers?

Realtor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2020 · 50 posts · 22 votes

Hello! I'm starting my real estate business, and looking to outsource my lead generation because I don't have much time to cold call. I am thinking of mailing postcards to apartments for buyer leads, and hiring a cold caller for seller leads. However, I'm open to hearing about what has worked best for you. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing all the strategies!

0Reply
117 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Orlando, FL · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 8 votes
2y

Youtube. Not paid YouTube ad. Just videos providing value to buyers/sellers. It is very time-consuming, but if you do it right, it works for you when you are sleeping. I still have 3-year-old video that brings me leads. 

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stoneham, MA · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 186 votes
    2y

    I think mailers, cold calling, email, and texting are all only as effective as how consistent you are with them. So many people send out one round of letters, get little to no response, and give up. Consistency is key. That said, I prefer postcards, but have just started getting into email marketing as well. There are a lot of people on Fiverr for example who will send 500 emails for as little as $15. 

  • Realtor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2020 · 50 posts · 22 votes
    2y

    Interesting. I'm mainly interested in mailers, as I believe digital marketing is beginning to get too saturated. Any emails will likely filter to a spam folder, and people are less and less shy about hanging up on cold callers these days. Ideally, I'd also like to utilize social media as a lead source as well, but that just isn't there yet. I am debating hiring a local social media manager to do that for me. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jackson Mertes:

    Hello! I'm starting my real estate business, and looking to outsource my lead generation 

     Don't do it when you are new.   The best lead generator is you?   Do you ever get those calls from VAs calling for insurance, car warranty, or any other product?   They have to be 10x worse than you.  If you feel you are too busy, outsource all the stuff that keeps you busy.  

    Only mail something if you are willing to call in front of it and behind it.  Just mail has super low return rate and now pretty expensive.

    What are you busy doing if you are just starting?  #1 priority is generating business and that is done by YOU.   Probably need to do this yourself until you are doing 30-40 transactions a year, then you can hire an assistant and maybe 2 at some point.   Then a buyers agent.  I think ISA is probably a few hires down the road.

  • Nadiyah MalbonBusiness Member
    Realtor · NJ · Member since 2020 · 104 posts · 31 votes
    2y

    Im a NJ Agent and many of my leads come from Right here on Bigger Pockets. Demonstrate your knowledge and value on these forums.  Organic leads come directly to you.  

    Nadiyah Malbon Group (NMG) 4.941 Reviews
  • Alex HilemanPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2023 · 224 posts · 147 votes
    2y

    If you're starting out and building your brand, it's better to make the calls yourself. I've had great interaction from leads on social media, especially Facebook. I post my listings everywhere I can and try to get as much exposure as possible so that people are calling me instead of me cold calling them. With that being said, I still cold-call people that have purchased a property before on the MLS and I email blast every property I have for sale. Staying relevant in an oversaturated market is a full time job!

  • Real Estate Agent · Brandenburg, KY · Member since 2015 · 277 posts · 68 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruce Lynn:
    Quote from @Jackson Mertes:

    Hello! I'm starting my real estate business, and looking to outsource my lead generation 

     Don't do it when you are new.   The best lead generator is you?   Do you ever get those calls from VAs calling for insurance, car warranty, or any other product?   They have to be 10x worse than you.  If you feel you are too busy, outsource all the stuff that keeps you busy.  

    Only mail something if you are willing to call in front of it and behind it.  Just mail has super low return rate and now pretty expensive.

    What are you busy doing if you are just starting?  #1 priority is generating business and that is done by YOU.   Probably need to do this yourself until you are doing 30-40 transactions a year, then you can hire an assistant and maybe 2 at some point.   Then a buyers agent.  I think ISA is probably a few hires down the road.


    Bruce, you nailed it!  Exhaust ALL free lead generation streams before considering any paid lead sources.  The clients are there, we just have to find them.  

  • Nadiyah MalbonBusiness Member
    Realtor · NJ · Member since 2020 · 104 posts · 31 votes
    2y

    Social media generates 50% of my business.  I've also started sending letters to pre-foreclosure leads and receiving a great response.  The rest comes from my Sphere and repeat Investor clients.

    Nadiyah Malbon Group (NMG) 4.941 Reviews
  • Investor · Santa Barbara · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    When starting out, it's best to make calls to potential clients yourself to build relationships. I've found interacting on social media, especially Facebook, leads to great connections with leads. But I still cold call previous homebuyers in the and email blast listings. Staying relevant in a crowded market takes consistent effort. The key is positioning yourself as an expert who provides value, not just sales pitches. Share useful info and insights about the local area and real estate tips. That knowledgeable content and outreach builds a strong brand over time.

  • Real Estate Broker · Orlando, FL · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    Youtube. Not paid YouTube ad. Just videos providing value to buyers/sellers. It is very time-consuming, but if you do it right, it works for you when you are sleeping. I still have 3-year-old video that brings me leads. 

  • Member since 2023 · 45 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nadiyah Malbon:

    Social media generates 50% of my business.  I've also started sending letters to pre-foreclosure leads and receiving a great response.  The rest comes from my Sphere and repeat Investor clients.


     That sounds interesting! Could you tell what you actually do in your social media networking? Do you post in a lot of real estate type boards that you are a buyer? Do you post on your friends and family page that they should go to you for selling?Do you just continually give content on FB and  Instagram? I'm trying to come up with the specific" how" , the words, the photis and content that is generating 50%.That's impressive! I think it would be a great help to hear more in this. Thanks

  • Member since 2023 · 45 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Li Xu:

    Youtube. Not paid YouTube ad. Just videos providing value to buyers/sellers. It is very time-consuming, but if you do it right, it works for you when you are sleeping. I still have 3-year-old video that brings me leads. 

    Do you hire a professional? What kind of content, images? Thanks
  • Member since 2023 · 45 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nadiyah Malbon:

    Social media generates 50% of my business.  I've also started sending letters to pre-foreclosure leads and receiving a great response.  The rest comes from my Sphere and repeat Investor clients.

    What social media works for you,; 50%is a great return? Do you pay for ads, post a lot of content on Instagram or FB groups.., Curious what key phrases you use to bring sellers to you.
    also, I bought leads from a direct mail campaign to pre-foreclosure. They were not as motivated to sell as they were to get out of foreclosure and keep the house
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    2y

    Biggerpockets

  • Nadiyah MalbonBusiness Member
    Realtor · NJ · Member since 2020 · 104 posts · 31 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Marcy Ramich:
    Quote from @Nadiyah Malbon:

    Social media generates 50% of my business.  I've also started sending letters to pre-foreclosure leads and receiving a great response.  The rest comes from my Sphere and repeat Investor clients.

    What social media works for you,; 50%is a great return? Do you pay for ads, post a lot of content on Instagram or FB groups.., Curious what key phrases you use to bring sellers to you.
    also, I bought leads from a direct mail campaign to pre-foreclosure. They were not as motivated to sell as they were to get out of foreclosure and keep the house

     I just post consistently.  

    Nadiyah Malbon Group (NMG) 4.941 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.