Looking for a broker to work with in the Woodbridge NJ area

Looking for a broker to work with in the Woodbridge NJ area

Realtor · Woodbridge, NJ · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I've been enjoying the website for a few months now, this is my first post. I passed my state test for real estate sales and now I'm looking for a broker in the Woodbridge NJ area that I can work with part time since I hold a full-time job. I'd like to specialize in investment properties and work only with investors. Any information would be highly appreciated, thank you in advance.

1Reply
26 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, @Fran DelliSanti!

    If you're looking for local connections, check out this forum

    I think you'll find good information there!

    Good luck!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Fran . There are a lot of super helpful people and great advice on this site! I'm a "fix and hold" investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! A lot of others doing flips, wholesaling, notes, everything.. A few tips..

    You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the "vote" button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are "awards" to earn on your profile. The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and most importantly, the BP members! Welcome to BP, and good luck on your investments!

  • Realtor · Woodbridge, NJ · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks @Caitlin Murphy and @J Martin for the info.

    I love this place it's so informative and everyone is so nice.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · La Crosse, WI · Member since 2013 · 360 posts · 110 votes
    12y

    Interview different brokerages. Think of it as an employment interview, only you are the employer and the broker is the employee. The brokerage has to fit you, not the other way around. Tell the broker exactly what you want to do with your license. Ask how many agents in the office are investors. This will help both of you make up your minds. There are brokerages that range from taking 50% of your commission, but pay most of your expenses to ones that charge a minimal office fee and minimal percentage of your commission.

    If you will be using your license mainly for your own investments, find out from the broker how much they will take from your personal sales. For example, I need to have 2 sales per year before I can have a "free" personal sale.

    Also, ask about education. The finer points, like contract nuances and working with foreclosures, are rarely taught in real estate school. Find a broker that will offer you a lot of educational opportunities. (Granted, most of the best way to learn is right here!)

    Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.