Becoming an agent with no experience but I have my license.

Becoming an agent with no experience but I have my license.

New to Real Estate · Marysville, WA · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 6 votes

Is it a good idea or worth it? I have a full-time job so I can only be part-time.

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Kenneth Olsen:

Is it a good idea or worth it? I have a full-time job so I can only be part-time.


Why would anyone pay you $10,000 to sell a property when I could pay the same amount to hire a top agent with 30 years experience?

Real estate is easy to get into, but it's challenging to be successful. I have 250 agents in my county. 100 of them  have not sold anything all year. Only 15% have sold enough to earn around $100,000 this year. The top 10% of all agents have sold nearly half of all real estate.

Some of those agents are full-time and still struggling to make a decent living. You can pick up some scraps, but it will be tough and intermittent.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Kenneth Olsen:

    Is it a good idea or worth it? I have a full-time job so I can only be part-time.


    Why would anyone pay you $10,000 to sell a property when I could pay the same amount to hire a top agent with 30 years experience?

    Real estate is easy to get into, but it's challenging to be successful. I have 250 agents in my county. 100 of them  have not sold anything all year. Only 15% have sold enough to earn around $100,000 this year. The top 10% of all agents have sold nearly half of all real estate.

    Some of those agents are full-time and still struggling to make a decent living. You can pick up some scraps, but it will be tough and intermittent.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    The only reason to get your license in your context would be to get access to view vacant investment properties for yourself on your own schedule and for access to the MLS. If you are asking if you should get it to help people, @Nathan Gesner nailed it. No one needs or should want a part-time agent. If you were looking to spend $500,000, would you want someone who can only show you options after 6 pm and one weekend day?

  • New to Real Estate · West Covina, CA · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Sobering...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.