Is it worth it to keep paying for the "REALTOR" status in Massachusetts?

Is it worth it to keep paying for the "REALTOR" status in Massachusetts?

Flipper/Rehabber · Hudson, MA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 3 votes

Hi, I'm a Broker in MA with just one agent in the company (my admin). Mainly the Brokerage is for me just to sell the properties that we fix and flip and save the commission. We do about 20-25/yr so financially it makes sense. Right now, I do have the "REALTOR" status but wondering if it make sense to keep paying the $800/yr to keep the status? I'm not a typical Realtor perse looking for clients so I don't need the trust factor that may go with the REALTOR symbol in my marketing or anything. I understand there are some protections that go along with it with all the law suits going around but hardly doubt they would go after an office with two agents in it. Any thoughts?  Thank you!

1Reply
29 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ben TrageserPro Member
    Accountant · Montclair, NJ · Member since 2020 · 218 posts · 104 votes
    1y

    Following this as I have my license as well in a similar boat.

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    You are talking about being apart of NAR? Is that what you are talking about. I would for sure keep the association, some associations have an overlay that you have to be paying into NAR as well. I would say if you have the option, it is really up to you if you see the value in NAR as a whole. The lawsuit that happened and ended last year has people thinking about this more and more, but stats showed that NAR had an increase in members last year.

    The other option is that there are a couple other large brands popping up that will do what NAR is doing and you can sign up for them for free.

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.