Newly Licensed Real Estate Salesperson - Where to start?

Newly Licensed Real Estate Salesperson - Where to start?

Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes

Hi All - I am a recently licensed Real Estate Salesperson in New York. I am starting out part time and looking to park my license with a brokerage. Any tips on agencies that better fit a sales agent just starting out? I heard Keller Williams or Compass are the most common. 

Thank you!

1Reply
26 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2012 · 99 posts · 40 votes
    1y

    Ask what their monthly fees are. Around here they range from $35 to $300 so that would be my first question! Good luck.

  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Vincent Caputo:

    Hi All - I am a recently licensed Real Estate Salesperson in New York. I am starting out part time and looking to park my license with a brokerage. Any tips on agencies that better fit a sales agent just starting out? I heard Keller Williams or Compass are the most common. 

    Thank you!

    Hello Vincent and congratulations on securing your license!

    KW is a very popular choice for new agents because of the company culture. I spent about a year there and I had an overall good experience.

    Most KW offices hold weekly in-person training hosted by various experienced professionals. This variation in training appealed to me vs. a weekly training held by the same person... feels too much like school. 

    That said, nearly every brokerage offers some type of training/guidance. Any brokerage can be the right fit for you so long as you commit to taking initiative and putting in the work.

    By 'work', I mean income-producing activities (lead generation and follow-up) i.e. cold calling, door-knocking, contacting your sphere of influence, networking, hosting open houses, running online advertising, marketing (paper or online), or anything else that will get you in front of prospective clients.


    My first broker rarely answered my phone calls and by the time she responded, I'd often already have the answer I was looking for. This was the BEST scenario I could've asked for as a new agent and I am forever grateful for the experience. 

    Whichever company you choose, you'll be fine as long as you cut out all the noise and focus on income-producing activity.

    All the best!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Paul Cijunelis:

    Ask what their monthly fees are. Around here they range from $35 to $300 so that would be my first question! Good luck.


     Thanks, for the tip!

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Sit down with every agent/team/broker you can and feel them out. From commission splits to leads, to how the train and help. These things will help you decide what is the right fit for you! 

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.