Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 29 votes
In the last few days I've called five different agents on five different MF's (numbers taken from signs on properties) and only one has called me back.
Is there any particular wording I should be using in these messages to get them to call me back or are we in a seller's market?
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
12y
Are you talking about 2,3,4 unit properties or larger??
Do you have cash?? If not what kind of money to put down with financing??
For brokers/agents running a highly profitable business is about not wasting time and doing more closings and taking care of their clients.
A buyer calling out of the blue requesting a bunch of info with the seller or broker/agent not knowing their purchasing capability isn't going to get a lot of response. Usually a basic package will be provided and if the buyer asks for anything else the seller and listing broker will request additional proof of funds first and if some finance other lender items showing if they engage the buyer they are ready to do a deal.
Flipper/Rehabber · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2014 · 462 posts · 237 votes
12y
Hey Vana, don't worry, everyone goes thru this, it's like a right of passage. I always equate realestate with a disco that i went to when I was 13. The first disco(dance) I went to i asked one girl to dance and she turned me down and I didn't dance all night. I love dancing, the girl is just an added benefit, The next disco I went to I asked a couple more and got refused again. By the time I was 14 I would ask everyone of the girls to dance until I would get one. Don't give up, don't be ashamed or bashful do it until you get what you want. Go for it!
Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 29 votes
12y
@Tim Hall thank you so much Tim! Your positivity is absolutely wonderful! The upside to all this is I remain extremely positive about everything because it can only get better right? The worst part is what you fear but once I took the emotion out of it and made it a financial decision, things just started making financial sense, no matter how "off balance" life got. I discovered too that there are many preconceived notions about this process and the people that go through it (as I had them too) but you can really only understand once you've been to the other side. I've had so many open doors as a result of this, I'm kind of surprised to hear any will be completely closed. In addition, I've met so many compassionate people during this process it's really renewed my view on humanity. While shame can be a big part of this process, taking the emotion out early on and being open about it with friends and family and in this forum, has helped greatly in not letting shame cloud my being. I believe too that sharing my experience may help others quietly going through the same thing. And just like your disco days (i love disco too), I will keep trying! Thanks again for your positivity!