‼️ Realtor, curious to hear what do you value the most?

‼️ Realtor, curious to hear what do you value the most?

Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 3 votes

What’s the ONE thing you value the most in the lender you’re working with?

Qué es lo que MÁS valoras del lender con el que estás trabajando?

1Reply
55 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Genesis Carrasco:

    What’s the ONE thing you value the most in the lender you’re working with?

    Qué es lo que MÁS valoras del lender con el que estás trabajando?


     Hello Genesis,

    Honesty is # 1.
    If a lender can tell a potential client that they are better off going with another lender with better rates/terms, that means the lender isn't going to BS their way to a deal.
    If they're willing to walk away from a deal to do what is best for the client, they will score major points with me and the client.

    In a close 2nd place, responsiveness is something else I value.

    Great question!

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    10mo

    Abel, really appreciate your insight especially coming from someone who has contributed so much to this community.

    I’m at the beginning of my journey as a loan officer, and honestly, I couldn’t imagine building any long term relationship without honesty at the center. Also, from what I keep hearing from agents, communication can make or break a deal… especially after hours, since real estate doesn’t really run 9–5.

    Curious, how do you find lenders who operate the way you described? Do you rely mostly on referrals, or something else?

    I imagine a lot of agents here could benefit from your input.

    • Abel CurielBusiness Member
      Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Genesis Carrasco:

      Abel, really appreciate your insight especially coming from someone who has contributed so much to this community.

      I’m at the beginning of my journey as a loan officer, and honestly, I couldn’t imagine building any long term relationship without honesty at the center. Also, from what I keep hearing from agents, communication can make or break a deal… especially after hours, since real estate doesn’t really run 9–5.

      Curious, how do you find lenders who operate the way you described? Do you rely mostly on referrals, or something else?

      I imagine a lot of agents here could benefit from your input.


      Hello Genesis,

      The way I have found lenders has been organic mostly - introductions from others in the business or from clients. Networking events are OK too as long as you choose the right ones and/or focus on making quality connections.

      Referrals and past clients are a big part of my business but I can't say I rely on it. We try and add new lead sources every few months. 

      REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.