Are Google Ads Worth It for Real Estate Leads… or Just Burning Money? 🤔💸

Are Google Ads Worth It for Real Estate Leads… or Just Burning Money? 🤔💸

Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes

I am curious, who here is actively using Google Ads to generate buyer or seller leads?

There is a lot of hype around it but I want real feedback from agents and brokers actually in the trenches:

  • Are you getting quality leads or just a lot of clicks?
  • What is your cost per lead looking like?
  • Are those leads actually converting into closings?
  • Or does it feel like you are just feeding Google your budget with little return?

I know Google Ads can work but only if it is set up and optimized correctly for lead generation (not just traffic).

Let’s talk real numbers, real experiences and what is actually working right now in this market.

Are Google Ads worth the investment or a waste of money?
Drop your experience below 👇

0Reply
137 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
6mo

Yes, I run ads for my own business successfully and have been doing ads since 2018 or longer. It's all about having a website that works well and your are more focused on branded rather than just a page. Also important to have multiple ways for folks to reach out to you and the most important thing above all else...stay on top of the leads preferably in under 5 minutes or within a couple of minutes! 

Send me a PM if you have any further questions.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6mo

    I am just starting to dabble in it so I'll let you know. I know it does work since there are many people dumping thousands into it

  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    6mo

    @Caleb Brown Thanks for your input.  I am also thinking about running a couple ads myself but wanted to get some feedback before investing. Did you set up the campaigns yourself or pay someone to do it?

    • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
      6mo
      Quote from @Janice Carter:

      @Caleb Brown Thanks for your input.  I am also thinking about running a couple ads myself but wanted to get some feedback before investing. Did you set up the campaigns yourself or pay someone to do it?


      I am doing it myself. Watching videos. I know initially I'll be burning money but that's OK

  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    6mo

    @Caleb Brown I have also been watching a few YouTube videos to learn how to set them up myself but as expensive as Google Ads are, I have decided it is better to hire someone experienced to get it right the first time. In the meantime, once you figure it out, please share your experience and if I come across someone reasonable to handle the setup, I will be sure to share that with you as well.

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6mo

    Haven't tried paying for Ads but I do find organic search and cold prospecting tends to really work the best if you optimize your target client 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    6mo

    @Erik Estrada Cold calling has worked well for me too and has generated a lot of my business but from what I have seen, many of the top agents in my market are advertising heavily, especially with paid Google Ads, so I am willing to give it a try. Have you considered testing ads at all or are you sticking strictly to organic and outbound?

  • Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
    6mo

    Yes, I run ads for my own business successfully and have been doing ads since 2018 or longer. It's all about having a website that works well and your are more focused on branded rather than just a page. Also important to have multiple ways for folks to reach out to you and the most important thing above all else...stay on top of the leads preferably in under 5 minutes or within a couple of minutes! 

    Send me a PM if you have any further questions.

  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    6mo

    @Edgar U. That is great insight, especially the follow-up speed. I have heard responding within minutes can make or break conversions. Are you primarily running Google Ads for buyer and seller leads, and are you handling the setup yourself or working with someone? 

    I will send you a PM as well but I wanted to ask these questions here so others can benefit from your experience too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.