Do real estate agents not like investors?

Do real estate agents not like investors?

Involved In Real Estate · Pennsville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 4 votes
Why do no agents call back? 4 different agents in the past 2 weeks I get no return calls. I tell them I am interested in a certain property and I tell them if you have any more in the area around this price range I would like to see them as well. That say I'll put something together and call you back And then... Nothing
0Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
12y

A bank statement will get a real estate agent attention.

Joe Gore

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Involved In Real Estate · Pennsville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    I understand what you mean. This is an investor I have met and has taught me a lot. Either way I am just trying to aquire properties. But thank you for your input
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    Why don't you have the investor show proof of funds and you tag along?


    Joe Gore

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    12y

    I assume you mean buy and hold, then.

    • Save up money for a down payment
    • Get a job so you have income to qualify you for the loan
    • Get pre-approved for a loan

    Now you're ready to start acquiring properties. You may still get a little pushback when starting out. But with these qualification and a bit of persistence you'll find an agent who will help you.

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Dylan - you are not a principal.

    You are an unlicensed intermediary. Period.

    You know someone with money. He's your would-be, hopeful money partner.

    Funny how even the worst agent can even sniff that out.

    Focus on dealing directly with property owners. Forget agents for now.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    @Dylan Burnett sorry bud as others have stated your not in a position at this point to take up an agents time. As an agent I also would not be willing to take you out to properties. You can easily get there one day just not there yet.

    @Jon Holdman laid out the 3 bullet points needed to buy properties. Once your all set with those then agents will spend time with you.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Pennsville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Thanks for all the lumps guys!
  • Contractor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2013 · 767 posts · 389 votes
    12y

    Get used to it. This is called life and the way things work. Its rough out there. I remember when I was 21 and my thought process, then I found out the way things are. The responses you got were from the guys you are calling and their thought process if you were to call any of them.

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    It is a shame. I am a realtor and real estate agent myself and unfortunately I have the same problems when trying to reach my kind. For some reason some real estate agents think they are too high and mighty to be returning phone calls. If it is something you want be sure to pester them for a little while going through different means such as email and texting. If they do not respond to you then just think of it as their loss. Again just keep trying there are those that are hungry to work if you have POF or a means of buying the property.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.