Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Arianne L.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Votes |
Realtor changed my offer without asking/(thinking?)

Arianne L.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posted Sep 24 2015, 19:23

Sorry, this is more venting than anything else but I'm curious if anyone else has had similar experiences...

Our first realtor wasn't that great, particularly on communication and actually submitting offers (although we are trying to close a 4 unit deal with him right now).

Now, the second realtor we're actually trying to purchase a personal residence with potential profit when we sell in 2+ years. She's been great so far. Prompt communication and is okay with submitting our "low" offers. Until today...

We are trying to get a property listed on homepath. It is listed at 150k. We initially offered 120k. Bank came back at 141k, we countered at 125k. Bank came back at 137k, we countered at 126k. Bank came back at 136k. (I actually thought that was funny).

Yesterday, we advised our realtor that we would like to counter at 129k (our max is 130k). She then tells us after she submitted our offer that she "asked them to contribute $7,000 to repairs costs of "as is" conditions". So, after all this negotiation with the bank, she basically reduced our offer back down to $122k! and without consulting us first! I don't even know what to say...

P.S. I am currently working on getting my own real estate license so I don't have to worry about this anymore. lol

Ask Arianne Logo

Loading replies...