Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 5 votes
I live in L.A. and just started looking into properties in Fort Wayne, IN. I was confused a bit by how big of a difference the rent could be for a 3 bedroom 2 bath SFR with similar conditions in different areas when I looked it up on Zillow.com for rent. Hope my fellow BP member at Fort Wayne can share some insights about its economy, current development and rental market. Thanks!
Rental Property Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2016 · 258 posts · 177 votes
8y
@Omar Khan Thanks for the Kind words and I am not that great and I am 2cent contibutor.@Polly Wu Fort Wayne is a great City and I have lived here for 18 years and know this city very well .As said by my other friends above that there some areas you want to stay away from and most of the Fort Wayne is great for rentals and the rent ratio is pretty good and the local laws are very landlord friendly. The rent market is hot in Fort Wayne and around Fort Wayne and also you can look smaller towns around Fort Wayne and those are even better.
Rental Property Investor · IN · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 93 votes
9y
In FW, it depends on where the house is located. A 3/1 in what I consider the hood, usually rents for around $500. The same exact house in a north location can rent for $700 or more. The purchase price reflects this as well. FW has a very strong rental market.
HVAC Tech · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2015 · 423 posts · 223 votes
9y
Hi Camilla. @Polly Wu you most likely would not want to buy in the Southeast. Anywhere else in Fort Wayne your 3 bedrooms are going to go for a minimum $1000, easy to get well over that as well. There are a lot of big projects about to start in fort wayne, and investing here , I believe, will pay off handsomely. I would strongly recommend investing here. I really hope more ft wayners chime in. Best of luck.
50% population increase, low unemployment rate, low price-to-rent ratio, good median household income, low housing vacant rate, low crime. But I am still trying to understand this market and what's the development trend for this city.
What's your option about this market? Which areas do you like and why if you don't mind me asking?
Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
@Polly Wu The great @Kay Kay Singh lives in Fort Wayne and has a ton of experience in the local investor. He's also a bit of a local real estate celebrity, so he can definitely clue you in.
Rental Property Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2016 · 258 posts · 177 votes
8y
@Omar Khan Thanks for the Kind words and I am not that great and I am 2cent contibutor.@Polly Wu Fort Wayne is a great City and I have lived here for 18 years and know this city very well .As said by my other friends above that there some areas you want to stay away from and most of the Fort Wayne is great for rentals and the rent ratio is pretty good and the local laws are very landlord friendly. The rent market is hot in Fort Wayne and around Fort Wayne and also you can look smaller towns around Fort Wayne and those are even better.