Realtors not returning my calls to show properties

Realtors not returning my calls to show properties

Real Estate Consultant · Tampa, FL · Member since 2009 · 12 posts · 5 votes

What do you all recommend I do in this situation. I have a buyer that wants to look at several properties, I've left 2 to 3 voicemails for the listing agents and even sent emails. They specify in the listings that these homes are on combination lockboxes and to phone them for the combos. However, they are not responding to any contacts made. My buyer has taken long enough to decide on these homes & now I can't get him in to see them. Any suggestions? I've phoned their offices & one has a recording that says contact the Realtor directly & the others office appears to be a 1 man show run by the Realtor who isn't returning my calls. :roll:

0Reply
157 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
15y

I assume you are an agent. Call the broker and raise Kane. If you can't get through, tell your broker and follow that lead.

I would be calling the MLS office in a couple of days if my call was not returned and file a complaint.

Small shops list them, but ignore calls if they have what they think might be a buyer, very unprofesional and such conduct is not in the public good!

If no help from your broker, and it's a call/lock box, you called, if no answer, go to the home. If the home owner is there, tell them you can't get the listing agent to return your calls and that you have someone who would like to see the property!

If it's an appointment only, and your calls are not returned, I'd go alone to the house, knock on the door and make the appointment to show.

When I had to do such things I would always have to remember that the seller could very well be related to the jerk listing agent and that's why the listing agent is doing such a poor job, because they just can't lose the listing! Never complain about another agent with a client, ethics, but if they open the door to your opinion, you might carefully explain how things are suppose to work on the MLS. Good luck...Bill

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    new breed of realtors not answering phone and only doing tests is a major pet peeve of mine.  No return call not going to deal with that agent one who only responds to test same thing. 

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 390 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kellie McRae:

    What do you all recommend I do in this situation. I have a buyer that wants to look at several properties, I've left 2 to 3 voicemails for the listing agents and even sent emails. They specify in the listings that these homes are on combination lockboxes and to phone them for the combos. However, they are not responding to any contacts made. My buyer has taken long enough to decide on these homes & now I can't get him in to see them. Any suggestions? I've phoned their offices & one has a recording that says contact the Realtor directly & the others office appears to be a 1 man show run by the Realtor who isn't returning my calls. :roll:

     Kelli, this is common problem it seems to be more often then not, perhaps reaching out to the Broker would garner a speedier response. If this is a legitimate listing, the broker will want to be responsive. Is this a bank owned home? The asset manager may be testing the market?

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    I wouldn't state that your buyer is pre-approved for over asking price. That is information that is confidential between you and the buyer unless they allow you (in writing) to disclose that information. Because of that, a seller may not accept their offer knowing they could "afford" to pay more.

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Evans if you are looking in Atlanta, I can refer you to a great agent there.

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    First, just to CYA, be sure you've read the showing instructions.  Here in MA, you'll sometimes see "call listing office".  Others "call listing agent".  Sometimes it's DON'T call listing agent - call Showing Time (appointment service).

    Next, I'd just be honest with the LA.  "Hey, I don't know what to do here.  I've been trying to reach you to show 123 Main St, but you haven't returned any of the 3 messages I've left.  I don't want to go over your head to your broker/owner, but I don't know what else to do.  Please call me ASAP at 555-555-5555."  

    Send it in an email so you have a paper trail, and then if there's no response within 24 hours, call the broker/owner.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.