Investor-friendly realtors/contractors in Toledo, OH?

Investor-friendly realtors/contractors in Toledo, OH?

Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 103 posts · 18 votes

Investor-friendly realtors/contractors in Toledo, OH?

Thanks.

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew FidlerBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Toledo, OH · Member since 2011 · 384 posts · 434 votes
7y

Hi Sean, I'm more of a one-stop-shop adding property management. You name it here in Toledo and I've probably interacted with the neighborhood and the housing layout.

Let me know what you are seeking, I can personally advise your entire portfolio or pair you with a basically capable and responsive realtor. 

The only thing I can't help with is the contractor side...we are contractor limited and I guard my good contractors like the gold they are. I've also had several good contractors go bad once they interacted with weaker personalities so I don't even refer names out to my fellow investors within my REIA after some came back with complaints.

We are running 5 complete rehabs a month, so I have the manpower, I simply ensure they operate solely under my contracts and are paid from my bank account.

With the right capabilities on the ground, Toledo is a great place to invest...I have the same properties and investment neighborhoods I did a decade ago in my own portfolio.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew FidlerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Toledo, OH · Member since 2011 · 384 posts · 434 votes
    7y

    Hi Sean, I'm more of a one-stop-shop adding property management. You name it here in Toledo and I've probably interacted with the neighborhood and the housing layout.

    Let me know what you are seeking, I can personally advise your entire portfolio or pair you with a basically capable and responsive realtor. 

    The only thing I can't help with is the contractor side...we are contractor limited and I guard my good contractors like the gold they are. I've also had several good contractors go bad once they interacted with weaker personalities so I don't even refer names out to my fellow investors within my REIA after some came back with complaints.

    We are running 5 complete rehabs a month, so I have the manpower, I simply ensure they operate solely under my contracts and are paid from my bank account.

    With the right capabilities on the ground, Toledo is a great place to invest...I have the same properties and investment neighborhoods I did a decade ago in my own portfolio.

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 103 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    Thanks!

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 103 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Andrew Fidler  Hi,  Yes, we are in DD for a house for$18k on Dunham St, Toledo, OH 43609.  What do you think?  GOod F&F or rental or bad altogether?  Thanks.

  • Real Estate Agent · Toledo, OH · Member since 2019 · 88 posts · 38 votes
    6y

    @Sean Mcintire I'll suggest against F&F in general in that area, but it can be done.  There is one right now on that street where it was bought for $5,000 and is listed for $35,000 (20 DOM so far). Another one was purchased through the county land bank for $18k and sold for net $62k.  Another was bought for $15,725 and sold for net $54k.  Nothing else has sold in the neighborhood (north of Airport, west of Fearing) for over $36k in the past 6 months.  You really need to have a solid plan to make F&F work there.  Best of luck! 

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 103 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Chad Boyers  Thanks.  IS a rental a MUCH better option or just forget it altogether IYO? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Toledo, OH · Member since 2019 · 88 posts · 38 votes
    6y

    @Sean Mcintire I think that rentals are generally better in this area, but remember, it's really a class D area, so there are also higher risks with these neighborhoods and tenants than in class B or C areas. I have an investor that does decently well in a comparable neighborhood, but he is local, which makes it much easier to keep an eye on the properties and tenants.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.