• Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Dumb Question... How Should I Dress?

David Nacco
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Aug 14 2019, 14:46

So I may be over thinking this or maybe this actually does matter as much as I think it does, but I am in the process of getting my real estate salesperson license. I’m on track to be licensed next month and I’m curious about how I should dress my first time meeting with brokers to interview. Is it appropriate to wear something like chinos and a nice button up dress shirt tucked in and dress shoes or should I be in a full suit? I was thinking I need to buy a suit to interview with them but I also don’t wanna stand out as being over dressed compared to everyone else and come off as a try hard or something but I don’t wanna look like a bum or a slacker showing up in something more business casual.

Long story short, I think I should buy a suit before interviewing with brokers but is this really necessary?

Also just out of curiosity, if I can only afford to buy one nice suit at the moment, would it be better to go with a navy or grey? I’ve been told black is too formal to wear every day. I feel like navy is the way to go if you only have a single suit?

Loading replies...