What should I be looking for in a real estate team to join?

3 Replies

I am just about finished with my real estate licensing coursework and I am starting to look for a brokerage to join, but ideally I want to join a successful team that I can contribute to and learn from. I am in the St. Louis area if anyone knows of or is apart of a real estate team that is looking to expand. I also open to working as an assistant to a busy agent. I’m also open to any advice on what to look for in a solid team.

Originally posted by @Jospeh A Henke:

I am just about finished with my real estate licensing coursework and I am starting to look for a brokerage to join, but ideally I want to join a successful team that I can contribute to and learn from. I am in the St. Louis area if anyone knows of or is apart of a real estate team that is looking to expand. I also open to working as an assistant to a busy agent. I’m also open to any advice on what to look for in a solid team.

Hello Joseph,

You're nearing the home stretch! I know you'll do fine with the remaining coursework and state exam.

I would look for a team that has systems in place so that you're not 'just another agent on the roster.' 

A team with effective systems should have: 

1. an on-boarding process for new agents

2. multiple lead sources; 

3. lead/client follow-up systems and strategies (i.e. CRM, email campaign, etc.) 

4. accountability systems (i.e. regular meetings, tracking numbers, etc.)

Counting on my fellow BP members to add anything I may have left out...

Best of luck to you moving forward!

Abel

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

Just make sure you join an expert team with the knowledge you need to succeed, right now I'm a solo agent, and aside from prospecting, I really have no idea what I am doing, I need to be on a team..