What should I be looking for in a real estate team to join?

What should I be looking for in a real estate team to join?

Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 2 votes

I am just about finished with my real estate licensing coursework and I am starting to look for a brokerage to join, but ideally I want to join a successful team that I can contribute to and learn from. I am in the St. Louis area if anyone knows of or is apart of a real estate team that is looking to expand. I also open to working as an assistant to a busy agent. I’m also open to any advice on what to look for in a solid team.

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joseph A Henke:

    I am just about finished with my real estate licensing coursework and I am starting to look for a brokerage to join, but ideally I want to join a successful team that I can contribute to and learn from. I am in the St. Louis area if anyone knows of or is apart of a real estate team that is looking to expand. I also open to working as an assistant to a busy agent. I’m also open to any advice on what to look for in a solid team.

    Hello Joseph,

    You're nearing the home stretch! I know you'll do fine with the remaining coursework and state exam.

    I would look for a team that has systems in place so that you're not 'just another agent on the roster.' 

    A team with effective systems should have: 

    1. an on-boarding process for new agents

    2. multiple lead sources; 

    3. lead/client follow-up systems and strategies (i.e. CRM, email campaign, etc.) 

    4. accountability systems (i.e. regular meetings, tracking numbers, etc.)

    Counting on my fellow BP members to add anything I may have left out...

    Best of luck to you moving forward!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 109 posts · 77 votes
    7y

    My wife is a St. Louis real estate agent on a great team!  Please PM me and I can send you her contact information.

  • New to Real Estate · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2018 · 82 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Just make sure you join an expert team with the knowledge you need to succeed, right now I'm a solo agent, and aside from prospecting, I really have no idea what I am doing, I need to be on a team..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.