Real Estate Agent Tax Attorney Recommendations? (San Diego, CA)

Real Estate Agent Tax Attorney Recommendations? (San Diego, CA)

Specialist · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 15 votes

I am looking for a tax accountant and CPA who can provide direction on how to best structure my business for tax purposes as well as find ways to maximize deductions as a commercial real estate agent. Any strong recommendations?

P.S.
My wife has a YouTube/Social Media business (youtube ad revenue, selling of ebooks/courses, brand sponsorships, etc) and it would be a bonus (but not required) for this person to be knowledgeable about tax strategies for this type of business as well. Thank you all in advance!

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 213 posts · 66 votes
    6y

    @Tim Coulter

    Hi Tim,

    I am a tax accountant up in Santa Barbara and have worked with real estate agents in the past. I've got a free lawyers in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara who can advise on legal protection as well.

    I can handle your wife's business with best practices as I have a broader experience in a variety of business that I don't specialize in.

    May know someone more local if I check my contacts.

  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Tim Coulter

    Are you open to working with an accountant remotely?

    I would prioritize finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local.
    There are 20+ accountants on this message board who specialize in real estate taxation. Feel free to reach out to a couple and use the one you connect with the most.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.