Votes |
eXp Realty as a side-business

Jordan Bowley
  • Contractor
  • Fayetteville, NC
Posted Feb 20 2020, 11:45

Hello fellow BP bloggers,

Brief background:

I am relatively new to the real estate world, and have decided to dive head first not only with investing but also with changing my professional career. 

I am still active duty military, and have the opportunity to do OJT for a few months before I get out. I have already started my pre-licensing course in NC and am formulating my plan to ETS.

I am leaning more towards property management, in fact I want to try and work for a PM full-time while I earn my full brokers license in NC (2 year requirement).

My end-state is to start my own PM company to manage my own investments and other investors portfolios in my area.

So now to my question(s):

In regards to eXp Realy, do they have a non-compete or anything in their agent agreement that would prevent me from doing PM while attempting to work as an agent in the evenings/weekends? Their business model seems attractively suited for a smaller operation that wants to work part-time while working other fields in real estate.

Additionally, does anyone with more experience than myself "probably 90% of bloggers on here", have any recommendations or nuggets of wisdom towards trying to do something like this part-time beyond which specific company I try to work under?

Lastly, are there any other companies out there that would be good to look into in order to try and do sales part-time?

Thank you all in advance for any assistance!

Loading replies...