Becoming the Student

Becoming the Student

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes

I’m a 25 year old guy living in Wisconsin. I want to pursue a career as a Real Estate agent, but I would like to start out part time due to my current profession as a law enforcement officer. Any advice or if it’s even possible for a broker allowing me to work under them? Thank you

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    6y

    Absolutely possible. I have had a few part-time agents working under me and still have one. Just shop around for a Broker that will work with you - and that you're willing to work with. My part-timers don't sell much but I make sure I'm available for them when they do because they usually need quite a bit of help.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    I think that is perfect.....I would start by taking the first class...maybe principals of real estate, then take another and another and see if you like the classes, see if you pass and then as long as you are progressing, then take the test to get your license.  Once you have your license, look for the right broker....then get after it.   You can do it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.