Involved In Real Estate · Newark, CA · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 2 votes
The market has shifted in the last few months, just wondering what's your number one best lead generation technique you are using to get listings in this market. Is it prospecting or marketing? Are you getting in the first time itself or many touches? If prospecting then who do you call and average number of calls per day and if marketing who are you sending and how many postcards/letter in a mail. Appreciate all your help and tips!!
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
13y
We don't look for listings other than what we're trying to buy ourselves. That said, our short sale marketing (direct mail) efforts have uncovered a lot of sellers who are on the edge of being able to sell for enough to pay off their mortgage and not have to short sale (the market is improving).
We refer these leads to another agent we work with, and she's keeping pretty busy with these leads. Some are getting sold retail and avoiding foreclosure; some are going the short sale route. But, there have been plenty of these leads we've found through direct mail.
Involved In Real Estate · Newark, CA · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 2 votes
13y
Thanks Joel and J for your reply, I appreciate it. I was working on lot of short sales but now the price have gone up and more on equity sale with less inventory on the market. Currently, most of the homeowners are doing loan modification and not interested in short sale.
I'm sending letters but not getting any results, I guess I need to change that (it's mentioning about benefit of short sale).
J: What's the message on the direct mail you are sending? Can I use that as a realtor or need an investor for sending that? If you don't can you share or email me that direct mail piece. Is your wife doing any cold calls to expired, just listed or just marketing to get all the leads?
I have entered your weekly draw for the book, hope I can get one of your free copy of investing book.
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
13y
Originally posted by Blaison Samuel:
J: What's the message on the direct mail you are sending? Can I use that as a realtor or need an investor for sending that? If you don't can you share or email me that direct mail piece. Is your wife doing any cold calls to expired, just listed or just marketing to get all the leads?
Our message has evolved with the market, but these days it's pretty much, "If you're looking to sell for any reason, we may be able to help. In many cases, we'll buy the property ourselves; in others, we'll help you get it sold."
We're sending that letter mostly to 30/60/90 day lates and to neighborhoods that we're targeting specifically.
If you shoot me a PM with your email address, I'll send you the letter we're using. It's vey much crafted from a licensed agent standpoint, so you should be okay using it.