how to become an appraiser trainee

how to become an appraiser trainee

Appraiser · Leitchfield, KY · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 42 votes

I am looking to become an appraiser in Kentucky. I have taken the classwork but I need to find someone to work under. I've made a few calls to different firms but no one is taking on trainees at this time. Does anyone have any tips on how I can find an appraiser willing to take on a trainee?

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    @Jacob D Cockerell    One thing you might do is look for small lenders in your area, maybe mortgage brokers.  Get a list of 10 or 20.   Call them and ask what appraisal management company they use.   Then call those and see if they can point you in the right direction.  You might also try to network with some realtors in the area.  See if they will give you the name of the appraiser that did the last appraisal for their buyers and work that direction.

    The appraisers in my area are so busy and behind and seems like they would need more people, but perhaps no time to train at this point.

  • Appraiser · Leitchfield, KY · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 42 votes
    5y

    @Bruce Lynn ill try that thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.